: Hard Shift 2nd to 3rd?

Ghost Deany
07-30-11, 01:56 PM
Sometimes while driving slow and under light acceleration from stops, i get a bit of a un smooth shift from 2nd to 3rd. I know theres a TSB for it, my factory bumper to bumper warranty is gone. Would that be covered under the power train?

2007XTSDub
07-30-11, 02:23 PM
Yes

Sent from Android.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-01-11, 11:54 AM
Ghost Deany,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I encourage you to have your vehicle checked out at the dealership to confirm if what you are experiencing does truly fall under the TSB. Your dealership will also be able to let you know if that issue is under warranty.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Toddstun
08-05-11, 05:52 PM
I just bought my first escalade (07) and have never heard of TSB. Could someone enlighten me?

Thank you!

skierjp
08-07-11, 07:57 AM
Technical Service Bulletin. Not a recall but similar. A notice from the factory of a possible problem in a certain area but is probably not a issue with all vechicles.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-09-11, 12:05 PM
I just bought my first escalade (07) and have never heard of TSB. Could someone enlighten me?

Thank you!

Toddstun,

It provides technicians required new service information. It provides a correction to a specific product problem and usually contains repair procedures, information on part numbers and availability, and warranty labor code information.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

sanman28
08-10-11, 11:11 PM
Ive found that all the newer GM's ive owned have a "slip-shift" or "shift-bang" problem from the factory on the 2-3 shift. Its really not a problem, but if your feathering the throttle or driving around town in stop-n-go, it can be annoying. Combine that with GM's agressive throttle tip in, and it down right takes some getting used to unless its your daily driver. My 06 silverado did it until I put a shift kit and custom tune in it.....i sold that for a power stroke and dont find it as pronouned in the ford. My wifes 09' escalade is the lazyest shifter ever......hate it. Once warranty up, definately goint to address it. It should go right into gear with no hesitation.

Ghost Deany
09-02-11, 06:52 PM
Just got my truck back today. Dealer had it almost 2 weeks for the 2-3 hard shift and for a oil leak. For the first 30 mins, it seemed to shift smoothly, then it started getting crappy again from 2-3, and now sometimes in the parking lot, ill get a loud clunk from 2nd to 3rd. Taking it back next week..

They said the cause was : Doc 2702577 applies, anyone know what that means? The list says 1 retainer, 1 frt freight, 1 seal kit, 1 seal, 1 seal, 6 atf. Replace sealing rings with new design

Ghost Deany
09-03-11, 12:44 PM
Last night in manual shift, i had it consistently clunking from 2nd into third at around 1400 rpm. Today, i barely got any hard shifts at all in D, and tried again in manual 2nd to third to get it to clunk, and only got it to do it 2 times out of about 10. What a real pain in the ass

Ghost Deany
09-03-11, 09:46 PM
Now it is shifting as smooth as butter. Go figure

lousy_investor
09-06-11, 12:51 PM
Now it is shifting as smooth as butter. Go figure

I think I have the same problem and I am bringing my in soon. Annoying as heck and it definitely wasn't there before. I couldn't reproduce it in manual mode either. It happens consistently whenever:

1) I step on the gas pedal after coasting (foot off the gas) for a bit
2) Just moments before I come to a complete stop
3) When I accelerate from stop

If it is fixed with powertrain warranty it will be cooled. I have extended warranty but a $200 deductible.

Cheers!

Jory5
09-23-11, 04:51 PM
Mine just started this the other day too, what did the Dealer do to fix the issue?