: Is there a better way to sell these parts?

stealthjr
07-30-11, 01:55 PM
I have in almost new condition a Wait4me cold air pipe, a modified stock bottom airbox with K&N airfilter, a comlete Airraid #250253 CAI kit with less than 1000 miles on it, and a hydrocarboned rear bumper panel that looks incredible. The problem is the "classifieds" section is not really user friendly like other boards and I wanted to know if there was a better solution on this forum?

Thanks,

Robert

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 02:46 PM
You haven't even tried it.

stealthjr
07-30-11, 02:50 PM
Actually, I have...and still am. I put a Corsa Exhaust on there and never got a reply in months. Decided to put it on eBay and it sold in days. I just put all of the stuff above on the classifieds again...we shall see. I would rather sell to folks on the forum than eBAY and this is why I asked the question. Thanks for the reply and sorry you were of no help.

Robert

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 02:58 PM
When was this? I haven't seen anything. Of course you're going to have a better market on eBay, not every CTS-V owner is on the forum.

stealthjr
07-30-11, 03:03 PM
The parts above are on there now. The Corsa exhaust was a couple of months ago. I know there is a bigger audience on eBAY. I'm not trying to make this difficult or be difficult...I was just hoping to pass on some good prices to some of the folks on this forum that's all. I learned a lot about the V from this forum and I just wanted to sell the stuff here. I hoped there was a better way since I had terrible luck with a VERY popular exhaust. My eBAY rating is 100%...no worries there.

Thanks,
Robert

Lord Cadillac
07-30-11, 03:06 PM
Hi Robert,

Can you show me a more user friendly classified system at another site? If there's something better out there I'm definitely interested!

Thank you...

stealthjr
07-30-11, 03:20 PM
I realize what I am saying is very subjective and is only my opinion and as I said before, I'm not trying to pee on anyone or anything. HOWEVER, since you asked...I believe the For Sale sections that allow for "interaction" within the thread are more helpful to both buyers and sellers. Yes, it opens it up to more "controversey" but it also allows other members to "police" items being sold in terms of does it fit, does it not fit, does it work, is it the right part #, etc. Thats all...just my .02

Robert

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 03:21 PM
You're putting it in the wrong hole. Try here for better results! http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/g23-cadillac-cts-vs-for-sale.html

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 03:25 PM
Also post a price, not just "best offer" then maybe you'll have better luck selling. I'm surprised that's not a rule here.

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 03:28 PM
As for the corsa, you have it up for $950. $950? Really? But you got $750 on ebay. That might explain why you didn't sell it on here. Why charge us $200 more? Especially since you supposedly prefer to sell on here. Really?

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 03:31 PM
Hi Robert,

Can you show me a more user friendly classified system at another site? If there's something better out there I'm definitely interested!

Thank you...

I have an idea. Separate the damn 04-07's from the 09+.

stealthjr
07-30-11, 03:33 PM
SMACKDOWNCTSV,

Your being a ****ing *******! Listen up . I put it up for sale on here for $950...I didnt get even ONE offer or inquirey in months! I put it on eBAY and dumped it as it was rotting in my garage. Dont jump on here pretending to help and then pull out your dick like your some badass. WTF?

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 03:40 PM
Calm down, Mr. Hostile. Name calling? How immature and childish. How old are you? Don't get all salty because you couldn't sell your exhaust on here for $950. Really? $950? You're still wondering? Haha. Maybe you attitude is a reason why? Just an idea. Or maybe the wrong section? Another idea. 3 factors working against you right there. Also, I hope you enjoyed the ebay fees.

The Tony Show
07-30-11, 03:44 PM
Hey, hey...easy there, killer.

First off, everyone posts V parts for sale in the CTS-V section. Technically they're not supposed to, but that's where everyone else puts their items because you're going to get the most views. Second, your ad has no description of what you're actually selling and no individual prices for the parts. Posting 5 pics of random pieces with no description isn't going to get you a lot of inquiries. Try listing them individually with a short description and a price.

You posted up asking for suggestions on how to sell your parts- don't get all pissy when people actually answer the question you asked.

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 04:36 PM
Hey, hey...easy there, killer.

First off, everyone posts V parts for sale in the CTS-V section. Technically they're not supposed to, but that's where everyone else puts their items because you're going to get the most views. Second, your ad has no description of what you're actually selling and no individual prices for the parts. Posting 5 pics of random pieces with no description isn't going to get you a lot of inquiries. Try listing them individually with a short description and a price.

You posted up asking for suggestions on how to sell your parts- don't get all pissy when people actually answer the question you asked.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3746/winwin.jpg

GM-4-LIFE
07-30-11, 04:39 PM
I put my D3 intake on this forum and nobody wanted it, so I put it on ebay and it sold for WAY more than I was asking. I don't think I will EVER list any parts on this forum again. What a waste of time! Put it on ebay and consider them sold.

Lord Cadillac
07-30-11, 04:51 PM
I put my D3 intake on this forum and nobody wanted it, so I put it on ebay and it sold for WAY more than I was asking. I don't think I will EVER list any parts on this forum again. What a waste of time! Put it on ebay and consider them sold.

If we had as many buyers as eBay, it wouldn't be free. At any rate, there IS the capability to discuss the product as each item gets a discussion thread. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean...

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 05:20 PM
You have to sell it for way more than asking price here considering you get hit with a 9% fee on the item and shipping. Also, people on ebay have a tendency to pay more, especially in the heat of bidding during the final minutes.

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 05:23 PM
I think they mean that a sales thread should look more like this thread. The way a sale thread is set up is kind of odd, but do see the purpose as it breaks everything down.

EVIL_C5
07-30-11, 07:00 PM
Thanks

SRTVIPER03
07-31-11, 12:05 AM
if you want to see a good example of a classified section you might look at the Challengertalk site. i have bought a few items there but have had a hard time sorting through the ads on this site.

Lord Cadillac
07-31-11, 12:11 AM
They just use the forum software. It's easy to do that on their site because it's only about one model - the Dodge Challenger. I HAVE considered simply using the forums as our classifieds here as well - but we'd need several areas - one for each vehicle. It's something we may do at some point in the future. If we had enough requests for a change, we'd at least give it a shot... Honestly, I'd prefer to use the forums because it would be one less piece of software to upgrade. I just want what's best for the community so I'll be listening/watching...

Thank you for sharing your opinion...

if you want to see a good example of a classified section you might look at the Challengertalk site. i have bought a few items there but have had a hard time sorting through the ads on this site.

SRTVIPER03
07-31-11, 11:54 AM
You are welcome Lord Cadillac. I see the dilemma. I like how they separate car sales from parts sales though.