: POP-UP screen in SRX 2011

SRXing
07-30-11, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

I just wanna ask if the pop up screen is available in all SRX packages???
for me whenever I look at it when it pops up and go down every time I drive my SRX ,am like,this thing gonna get stuck and not gonna moving sometime soon ... I hope this thing is durable ...

sube5186
07-30-11, 10:12 AM
Yes, all models have the pop-up screen. Getting stuck is not something I worry about. Like anything with moving parts, there's friction, and friction means wear. Will it eventually wear out? Probably one day, but more than likely after the rest of the car has exhausted its life cycle. Don't lose sleep over this one. This feature is not new. Caddy has had it since the 2008 CTS. I've never heard of anyone having issues with it.

Sube

SRXing
07-30-11, 10:27 AM
OK..good to hear that there is no common problem with Pop-Up screen ,,I didn't know that Caddy been using it since 2008..
Thanx for the reply Sube

TB

TheCaptain
07-30-11, 12:27 PM
Actually Sube, not all models have the Pop Up Nav. Just when optioned with it. So a base model can't get Nav, and you can get a Luxury Collection without Nav as well.

sube5186
07-30-11, 02:10 PM
Actually Sube, not all models have the Pop Up Nav. Just when optioned with it. So a base model can't get Nav, and you can get a Luxury Collection without Nav as well.

Oooooops! You're so right. Forgot about the non-Nav models. How did I do that? I actually had one of them as a loaner. I remember looking at the small screen and noticing that it looked exactly the same (when turned off), except it didn't rise.

Sube

SRXing
07-30-11, 04:26 PM
aha...so the pop up screen comes only with the Nav Option...

Thanx guys

TB

BlGHUMMER
08-01-11, 08:33 PM
Does anybody know how to get the pre-set radio station icons to stay on the screen when it is down position? When it is up they stay but when I put the screen down they disappear and I have to click the fav button for them to reappear for a few seconds. I know on my CTS the stations stay when the screen is down. Thanks

sube5186
08-01-11, 08:53 PM
Does anybody know how to get the pre-set radio station icons to stay on the screen when it is down position? When it is up they stay but when I put the screen down they disappear and I have to click the fav button for them to reappear for a few seconds. I know on my CTS the stations stay when the screen is down. Thanks

Can't be done. I guess this just works differently then it does in the CTS. You don't have to press the "Fav" button to display them. I believe if you press the up/down arrows on the steering wheel they should automatically display.

Sube

BlGHUMMER
08-02-11, 09:28 PM
Can't be done. I guess this just works differently then it does in the CTS. You don't have to press the "Fav" button to display them. I believe if you press the up/down arrows on the steering wheel they should automatically display.

Sube

Thanks Sube! That is good to know.

cvettr/cts-v
08-03-11, 02:40 PM
why not change station with steering wheel controls instead of pushing on the nav screen? Yeah you dont see the station till you change it and you change it in order rather than skipping around but we set them up in the order of preference so wheel controls work fine.