: car gives a nudge from N -> D

aceofblitz
07-30-11, 07:39 AM
After a few drag races my car started giving this weird nudge when i set the gear to D. It doesn't do it when I set it to R. I was worried the first time it happened but from that time until now (10,000 km) I haven't had anything break down or anything. Someone told me its either the differential or the torque converter. I have no idea where to start, i'm not mechanically inclined. Does anyone have a similar issue? I want to know what I have to upgrade to get it sorted.
The car is modified and makes 620rwhp and the problem started when i took it to the drag strip with MT 305s on it.

On another note Jesse please read your emails I've send you a couple with no response.

cbloveday
07-30-11, 10:20 AM
Would you consider the "nudge" to be a surge.

newcadman
07-30-11, 10:36 AM
With your reference to 10,000 km it sounds like you're north of the border in Canada ? Would be curious to know what track you run the V at ?

aceofblitz
07-30-11, 12:53 PM
cbloveday: from neutral to D there is some kind of delay of when the car decides to move, and when it does it feels like someone rear-ended you by mistake in heavy traffic, thats the only way i can describe it unfortunately.

newcadman: I'm not from Canada or N.America for that matter, sorry

asabase
07-30-11, 03:53 PM
sometimes mine will do it when shifting from D to sport (manual) mode. It is caused by the 2-1 downshift. Doesn't do it all the time; only when the idle speed is a bit higher than normal.

aceofblitz
07-30-11, 06:39 PM
asabase: its similar to that nudge but packs more of a kick if that makes any sense..