: When you loose your Pet how do you deal with it

ThumperPup
07-29-11, 09:30 PM
So when you loose your pet how do you deal with it
i ask because this past 16 days has been the hardest 16 days ever
I lost my beagle my little laddd the beagle and i have been trying to deal with it she is 5 years old and i just hope that who ever has her that has not turned her in is taking good care of Her
I swear i will Beat the living SH** out of them when i find them but yes Lady has been goen for 16 days and its been hard
i have goen out i have been to the shelters all over Ohio police departments with fliers sighns on trees even adds in a paper a week ago nothing

there where 2 days that i just layed in bed and would not get up My Mother Flew to town to spend a week with me when she found out
they tried to take me on a vacation to Cedar point with a friend that didnt work used to be my favorite place to go when i was a child the old hotel breaks the bon air section with no elivator lol

i have had more to drink then usualy mixing that with my meds i know not good but dont get on me about that
i have delt with the death of pets many times but never this
i know she is alive i know she is out there but she just is not here

she was a pain in the ass but she was my pain in the ass and its just been hard so has anyone els been threw this and how have you dealt with it ?

Jesda
07-30-11, 02:35 AM
That really sucks bro. Beagles love to wander, and they always end up so far from home that they can't figure out how to return. Because they act like little kids, losing them is really hard.

I have three tags on mine with addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for me, my mom, and my dad. I should get him microchipped too. All you can do is put up signs, post on Craigslist, and keep calling the shelters. :(

ThumperPup
07-30-11, 08:41 AM
I have 3 tags on Her also She has her Rabbi's tag she has her tag with our address my cell and my home phone not sure why i didnt thinka bout putting my email adress on there dumb i should have
and also the tag that said i am lost please scan me for my iso Micro Chip or take me to band field veterinary clinic
She also has a tattoo before i thought of micro chipping when she was a puppy i had my cell phone incked under he left leg like they used to do with dogs before micro chips
my cell phone has never changed and it never will same number since i was 17 years old so 14 years and never going to change that number even when i move down to FL ill keep that number

Lady when she runs she always comes back she would stick around the house most the time and run back and fourth and be like hey see me im loose hahahahaha she would come back in when she finaly got tired or thirsty
so this makes me think that someone took her she got out the front door when i was brinign grocerys in and i figured ok she will come right back in a few hours so i do what i always did when she got loose very few months i called the police said i have a dog that ran out and got loose other wise the city if the cops see they will give a tiket and in my area its not cheap

but i just hope where ever she is that she is safe and happy and that one day i get that call

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 08:45 AM
I'm sure she is fine. Pets have a way of being crafty. I had a cat named Hunter who I raised as an indoor cat, and then my Dad let him out one day and he hated being in the house from that point on. I eventually gave up on keeping him in and let him roam in and out. (In Los Angeles, mind you. Lol) He would leave for days, weeks, months. He would always come back. Then one day, I realized it had been a long time since I saw him last. I thought I would never see him again. Sure enough, a good year later, he pops up in the kitchen.

Jesda
07-30-11, 08:46 AM
If Newton gets loose I chase his ass down immediately. He'll even look at me for a moment like "Whoa, am I free?" I have no faith in him to reliably find his way home. He wants a farm and 500 acres.

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 08:55 AM
He'll even look at me for a moment like "Whoa, am I free?"I know that look all too well... :alchi:

Stingroo
07-30-11, 09:01 AM
Not to be unsympathetic, but letting your animal roam free is probably the most careless thing you can do. Cars don't dial numbers or scan microchips - they just keep driving.

Just sayin'. I hope she's okay, but if she comes back let this be a lesson to you to be a better pet parent in the future.

ThumperPup
07-30-11, 09:09 AM
Not to be unsympathetic, but letting your animal roam free is probably the most careless thing you can do. Cars don't dial numbers or scan microchips - they just keep driving.

Just sayin'. I hope she's okay, but if she comes back let this be a lesson to you to be a better pet parent in the future.

I didn't let her out she ran out its not like i opened the door and just said ok go on out have fun
i would never do that

She just took off when she saw the door was open and i had a box in my hand and had no way to stop her
when she does go out i would usualy go after her for the first 3 years she never let me near her i could break my back or fall on the ground and she woudlnt care she was running loose used to be if i fell on the ground she would come back and see if i was ok so i would fall down and play dead that is how i could get her when she was up to a year old but then she cought on so if i fall and play dead she just stand a house or yard away to make sure im ok and then she takes off if she sees me more or go to get up

ThumperPup
07-30-11, 09:10 AM
When she does run off and come back she goes into her kennel for a few hours teach her she did something bad
now when she comes back if shes been goen for so long she staying in there for a week LOL naw i wouldnt do that but i can hope she found a farm with 500 acres maybe she did

Jesda
07-30-11, 09:30 AM
I'd have thrown the box on the ground and chased the dog down or lured it with the promise of cheese.

The one time Newton got loose (further than a couple feet) was when he chased a squirrel late at night while we were walking. The leash was ripped out of my hands. He disappeared into the woods behind my apartment and because of the dark I couldn't see him. I left the door open and called for him but he didn't return. And its not that he didn't hear me, he just didn't care. I walked around and found him sniffing through the neighbor's plants a few hundred feet away. I yelled at him pretty good and dragged his ass home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBjQDeZPag

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 09:32 AM
Embedding disabled :crying:

ThumperPup
07-30-11, 09:37 AM
I figured at the time that dropping a box with glass and 80 dollars worth of seafood in it was not worth chasing after her because i wouldnt get her anyways she would run me to death lol
i guess i guessed wrong this time
oh well i just hope she is happy where she is
and maybe one day ill get that call or someone will see her i hope so

Im going to head otu to the shelters in a little bit i could call them but they dont care around here they say no when they really do they just dont know lol

hueterm
07-30-11, 09:54 AM
Maybe you should keep her either crated or in a room of the house where she can't get to the door when you come home...?

"IF" you get her back, this same thing is going to happen again...until the day when she gets run over by a car.

(Which happened when I was a kid; we had a GSD that was a climber. On Thanksgiving Day, no less. The next Thanksgiving Day, I broke my arm. Needless to say, I was over Thanksgiving for a while...)

Bro-Ham
07-30-11, 12:17 PM
I feel for you and hope for the best. I have two 14 year old brother and sister beagles. They've always had a fenced yard and only in the last few years have been allowed to go outside the yard without leashes, only with my constant supervision, since now they are mature and no longer run. About 3 years ago my girl wandered out of a door that had been left open just a hair, I noticed she was unaccounted for and took off looking up and down the street, nothing, the place I lived at had an irrigation canal in the back and it would not be uncommon to see an aligator, of course that was all I could think of. Someone in a passing car saw me yelling out with my other beagle on the leash - he said my girl was just up the street - - sure enough she was in a front yard looking around and sniffing everything. She came right to me and I was relieved beyond description. I will say a prayer that you get your little honey back.

Rodya234
07-30-11, 01:03 PM
My dog once slipped outside without any of us knowing, and she just chilled out on our front stairs for a good 45 minutes before anyone realized where she was. Didn't stray at all from that spot. She's such a nice dog. Needless to say, someone takes accountability for her every time the door opens now.

I hope you find her, and if you don't I hope she's somewhere safe where she'll be taken care of. I really like dogs, I don't want anything bad to happen to any one of them.

dkozloski
07-30-11, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r3KLzsp_J0

The-Dullahan
07-31-11, 03:01 AM

My dogs never had leashes, albeit we lived in the middle of nowhere where they could bask in the sun on the road all day undisturbed, because there were probably less than three cars that went past my neighbourhood a year. Anyhow, that being said, My dog took on nine cars. Now this is the Mountains where our Grand Marquis was considered tiny, so remember that when I say cars, I mean the same cars the guys in the past RWD forum drive and just as many trucks, but yeah. He took on nine of them total. Never seemed to care. He was F**king indestructible.

That being said, your dog, like my own, likes to wander. The breed is known for it. I stopped letting my Basset Hounds out together, because they came up with schemes together. See, the little one was Cute and she would prey on little old ladies down the mountain, where the big one would bring her and once they were established as cute harmless doggies, they got a free room and all kinds of treats AND a ride back up the mountain in the morning...