: Dry Rotted Tires, Flakey Chrome Wheels, Rust Spots on front end, CADILLAC CERTIFIED!!

Jory5
07-29-11, 05:22 PM
My Escalade IS Cadillac Certified & it IS also under Bumper to Bumper until August 11th or 1,000 more miles. I purchased it from a Cadillac Dealer out of state with the comfort in knowing it was Cadillac Certified but now that I have it back it really does not seem like they replaced things that should have been. My owners manual says that Tires are covered & any tire that has a defect in material or workmanship is to be replaced but the Cadillac Dealership where I live has told me they don't know what I am talking about. Furthermore I have found inside of about 5 small rock chips on the front end they are red with rust, I am sure this problem will grow, or am I wrong? I live in Texas & we DONT use salt on the roads & are cars here DONT rust. I also was disappointed to see the Chrome Wheels are flaking in the corners beside the spokes. I really expected more after reading up all about Cadillac Certified but I am really disappointed. Should'nt all of these defects be repaired or replaced under my warranty that ends on the 11th of August? Any help or advice is appreciated from fellow owners! This is the first Cadillac I have ever owned, I have always been an Oldsmobile/Pontiac guy.

Just to clarify, I am posting this from Cadillac's website regarding appearance: "Each Certified Pre-Owned Cadillac comes with the full assurance that it meets Cadillac's stringent standards for mechanical condition and appearance"

krieghoff
07-29-11, 05:46 PM
I don't think they cover the tires. You need to go to whoever made the tires.

Do you really think they are going to take care of rust caused by stone chips?

That would be like asking the dealer to replace a fender you wrecked.

Jory5
07-29-11, 05:55 PM
Have you even read about Cadillac Certified "APPEARANCE" standards, do you think rusty road chips from a previous owners & dry rot tires deserves the stamp of Cadillac Certified?

RippyPartsDept
07-29-11, 06:25 PM
owners manual says that Tires are covered & any tire that has a defect in material or workmanship

true... but defective tires are very rare... usually the problem is due to a 'road hazard' (pot hole, curb, etc)
that being said, i think dry-rotting is covered by the warranty...

if you think something should be covered and your dealer is saying that it's not then get in touch with cadillac customer service by calling their toll free number and after you get your case number at the end of your call come back to the forum here and post in the cadillac customer care sub-forum and get elizabeth (the current social media rep for our site) to see if she can escalate your case

Big Windy Ext
07-29-11, 06:25 PM
You should be able to get the wheels taken care of . It would be a lot easier to get these problems solved by the selling dealer,part of negotiation,Cadillac wont pick up on damage just manufacturing defects.I wish you luck,buying sight unseen has its pitfalls.

Jory5
07-29-11, 06:50 PM
You should be able to get the wheels taken care of . It would be a lot easier to get these problems solved by the selling dealer,part of negotiation,Cadillac wont pick up on damage just manufacturing defects.I wish you luck,buying sight unseen has its pitfalls.

Indeed, even buying a $40k "Cadillac Certified" Escalade from a huge Mega GM Cadillac,Buick,GMC Dealer does not even deserve confidence of buying sight unseen. I think the old school way of taking pride in your reputation is gone forever........

Jory5
07-29-11, 07:29 PM
true... but defective tires are very rare... usually the problem is due to a 'road hazard' (pot hole, curb, etc)
that being said, i think dry-rotting is covered by the warranty...

if you think something should be covered and your dealer is saying that it's not then get in touch with cadillac customer service by calling their toll free number and after you get your case number at the end of your call come back to the forum here and post in the cadillac customer care sub-forum and get elizabeth (the current social media rep for our site) to see if she can escalate your case

Just got off the phone with Cadillac Customer Service & was told that the Tires should be covered if they have cracks in the sidewalls due to dry rott because that would be considered a "defect in material" & under Bumper to Bumper it is covered. The Cadillac rep could find nothing stating that the wheels would not be covered for the chrome coming off & assumed they would be covered as well. How does GM - Cadillac make money off of this? I feel bad because the workmanship is going to cost them money but at the same time it is covered under my warranty. I will see what the dealership says now after this.

RippyPartsDept
07-30-11, 12:58 PM
There is a one-time provision for replacing these chrome wheels due to the chrome peeling/flaking

they have fixed that problem (i think)

hcvone
08-01-11, 07:50 AM
Did you look at this truck before you purchased it, or did you purchase it sight unseen? I perform car check for people buying new cars, or used cars, and I still take some one with me when I am buying a car for myself, because they might see something that you do not (new car blindness) If you don't know someone that could do this then pay someone to check the car out, doesn't matter what is certified or not, I have seen Benz's and BMW's that were junk but were certified, these things cost too much money not to check out 100%. :)

alpinewhite325i
08-01-11, 10:10 AM
The front end shouldn't have any rust.

It's all plastic.

Jory5
08-04-11, 11:01 PM
Great news to report back on this issue..... Cadillac replaced my wheels, the original dealer paid for brand new bridgestone's for my hometown dealer to put on & everything is resolved! =) I am glad everyeone did the right thing & am no longer disappointed that I purchased this Certified Escalade!

RippyPartsDept
08-04-11, 11:14 PM
good to hear that... usually the CPO (certified) vehicles get taken care of in regards to warranty... the CPO brand has a lot to loose if they create unhappy customers

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-05-11, 02:47 PM
Jory5,

I am glad to hear that you got everything taken care of. If you have any other comments or concerns, just let me know.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

darkknight1999
08-05-11, 09:33 PM
Thats great!! Glad to hear!