: Little slot next to the headlight controls?

williamryan
07-29-11, 01:35 AM
I have an '08 Escalade and I'm interested to know what everyone uses that little slot to the right of the headlight controls for??? I've tried coins but they slide out when you step on the gas and my cell phone doesn't fit so I was wondering if anyone has any cool uses or suggestions :hmm:

hcvone
07-29-11, 06:46 AM
I put my passport Qi45 radar detector there, put it in behind the dash, looks like it came from the factory, but nicer

MrHolland
07-29-11, 11:23 AM
That is a great idea and discreet!!!

d_v_o_1
07-29-11, 03:03 PM
I used it to mount my rocker switches in and houses the alarm LED....so nothing very useful here lol

Fadi
07-30-11, 09:19 AM
I have my bass control knob mounted upside down towards the back of it.

MrSplenda
07-31-11, 01:17 PM
I have put a magazine for my handgun in there. Works really well when you need another mag.

Nice Ride
04-04-12, 01:45 AM
Put my used gum there. :)

ELUSIVE
04-04-12, 10:48 AM
I put coins in there. Couple bucks worth usually.
They haven't fallen out once. Maybe I don't take off fast enough. Not sure why I would though, that's what sports cars are for. :D

chakde
04-04-12, 11:56 PM
Anyone know what it was originally for. GM normally puts switches in similar locations in some trims and when they are missing it gets replaced with these little cubby holes. I don't remember seeing anything for any trim on the escalade unless it is apart that is shared with another GM full size SUV.

lousy_investor
04-05-12, 12:17 AM
I put my blue tooth ear piece in there... works for me!

paidge7
04-05-12, 01:50 AM
I put my passport Qi45 radar detector there, put it in behind the dash, looks like it came from the factory, but nicer

So the radar detect well even if its hidden behind the dash ????

quattrotman
04-05-12, 05:20 AM
I always thought it was a business card holder. Really isn't good for anything else IMO.

cutterman
04-05-12, 05:55 AM
It is perfect for storing the remote control for my K40 laser jammer/radar detector unit.

PeteKT
04-05-12, 11:41 AM
Maybe someone from Cadillac can tell us what it was actually made for?

48Dodge
04-05-12, 01:07 PM
So the radar detect well even if its hidden behind the dash ????

The actual detectors are mounted up front and sometimes another in the rear. The display is the only thing in the in dash units

murphy
04-05-12, 05:16 PM
Maybe someone from Cadillac can tell us what it was actually made for?
It accommodates a control for the Hybrid units.. http://www.nikeride.com/images/2011-Cadillac-Escalade-Hybrid-Platinum-Dash-Control.jpg

WaterKing
04-05-12, 10:38 PM
I have the remote control head for a Passport 9500ci mounted in there...fits perfectly. BTW got lasered in NC last year and the Passport blocked so well the policeman jumped out from the side of the road, took a three point stance and aimed it like a pistol and maintained it on the EXT until well after I went by...just barely got down to speed before switching it off...Had not heard a laser alert in so long it caught ME by surprise. Two more laser saves and it will have paid for itself. I usually don't speed that much just wasn't paying enough attention to the changing speed limit as I went over this hill into this little burg. Bear 15" brakes helped a lot as well.