Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Looking for 68 DeVille engine bay photos

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bhs82 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am half way through restoring my caddy, already done the body work by removing rusted panels and putting new panels in, but here is the new and more difficult challenge !!

I live in Australia, and we LOVE US cars here but don't have parts or experts to help us locally. My caddy was stored away in a shed for long time, and at some stage, someone pulled all the vacuum pipes out, and connections to the carburator. The workshop manuals helps a bit through diagrams, but I really need pictures of engine bay for visual, to clearly see where all the ducts hook up, as well as other small bits and pieces.

All the pictures on internet have air cleaner installed so I miss most of the stuff under or near it.

Is it possible for someone to take bunch of pictures and post these for me or email me with air cleaner removed? That will be awesome and greatly appreciated. Cheers

Regards
Sherry

#3 ·
I'd love to see pix myself...
Not long ago I was on the same expedition as you are. From a comprehensive internet search, I compiled a bunch of pix. I also have pix of the Caddy I've been working on with the air cleaner removed. Mind you, the one I'm working on is not complete.

I've uploaded all the pix I have at the following link
http://www.freewebtown.com/raiderzfan53/68_Deville_Engine

The car I've got appears in the first several pix. Anyone else with pix of a complete engine or restoration, please do post.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.