: Air flow thru seats

Blakester
07-28-11, 06:30 PM
My 2011 cts-v has regular seats and thus no air flow thru them. I see the regular cts has air thru seats along with the recaro option. What is the diff. Between reg. Bucket with air flow and cts-v reg. Bucket seat, and could the air flow be added to ?:)

jcarlos
07-28-11, 07:37 PM
I had an 08 CTS 3.6L DI with sight and sound, and performance package and I did not have the cooled seats.

At that time, you needed to get the luxury or comfort packages to get the cooled air flow. I asked the dealership if this option could be added and they told me that it was possible. Looking at the wiring under the seats, there are some terminals that are empty which could be used. Also, if you look at the button to activate the heated seats, there should be a space underneath that is closed where the ventilated function would go.

I am not familiar with the 2011 and 2012 options, so I cannot comment if you can only get cooled ventilation with the Recaros.

Functionally, the difference between the bucket and Recaros would be the additional power adjustments; they both have the suede inserts, but the Recaros give you the Al sport pedals.

baabootoo
07-29-11, 12:15 AM
Realistically, no then.