: Center console project-PICS! =]

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 05:35 PM
I have been wanting to do something about my lack of a center console... I decided to build one for the floor rather than doing a conversion, just in case I had an extra passenger and to save quite a bit of money. My solution? 5 board feet of black walnut stained to match the wood trim in the car. It was a bit of work, but the walnut matched the grain of the trim PERFECTLY. (At $9/foot, it wasn't cheap either.) The total cost, with the wood, stain, polyurethane, and the fun cigarette lighter with USB charger, came to just about $50 bucks. Tell me what you think. =]

My Interior is pretty clean for a DeVille with 135k, huh? :yup:

gdwriter
07-28-11, 05:47 PM
Very nice! What's that in the front console?

I put one of those same Cadillac script badges on my glovebox door, too:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/photos-ak-ash1/v647/117/61/776743093/n776743093_1341050_2146736.jpg

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 05:54 PM
Very nice! What's that in the front console?
I put one of those same Cadillac script badges on my glovebox door, too:
I love the look of them. Couldn't pass it up, especially for ten bucks on eBay. Lol. The thing on the console is a 3-cigarette lighter and one USB charger box thingy I got at the store. I ran the wire through the back of the box and hid it through the dash up into the pull out cigarette lighter under the stereo. It came out nice and sleek.

ben.gators
07-28-11, 07:59 PM
WOW, interior is in mint condition! Nice!

cadillac kevin
07-28-11, 09:07 PM
very nice brandon. I like the mini console in the back. thats a nice touch.
the wood color is a ringer for the factory. If I didnt know better I'd swear the wood console was a factory option.

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 09:59 PM
Thanks, guys. I thought the little one in the back would tie it in well and make the back a little less plain. I baby my car a lot. :D

Aron9000
07-29-11, 04:33 AM
That is freaking badass:thumbsup:

Looks factory, but a hell of a lot nicer than GM would've done it. They were so damn cheap on interior stuff in the 90's.

Now I'm thinking of doing something similar on my 1995 Fleetwood. Although the center console does offer plenty of storage, I hate having the ash tray open all the time to charge my phone.

brandondeleo
07-29-11, 04:39 AM
Note: I am a crazy driver. (SoCal rager... Grew up with it. Lol) I used velcro on the bottom of both of the boxes to keep them from ending up on my feet while making non-Caddy friendly turns.

Jesda
07-29-11, 04:55 AM
Looks pretty gosh darn amazing

Aron9000
07-29-11, 07:04 AM
Note: I am a crazy driver. (SoCal rager... Grew up with it. Lol) I used velcro on the bottom of both of the boxes to keep them from ending up on my feet while making non-Caddy friendly turns.

heheehehehehehe, I'm kind of the same way. I don't do any fast turns with a 225" barge to pilot, but I have a list of unforgivables on the road. My two pet peeves are tailgating me and cutting me off, those two actions will get you a middle finger and a strong horn blow.

brandondeleo
07-29-11, 07:43 AM
heheehehehehehe, I'm kind of the same way. I don't do any fast turns with a 225" barge to pilot, but I have a list of unforgivables on the road. My two pet peeves are tailgating me and cutting me off, those two actions will get you a middle finger and a strong horn blow.They get a hell of a lot more than that from me. :lildevil:

OffThaHorseCEO
07-29-11, 10:26 AM
you must have experience working with wood...:sneaky:

ga_etc
07-29-11, 05:08 PM
Looks really good. Nice touch.

ThumperPup
07-29-11, 09:45 PM
very nice but those floor mats wow i thought about using the laminate or wood grian on my floor mats but then realized it would be to slippery for me

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 02:27 AM
very nice but those floor mats wow i thought about using the laminate or wood grian on my floor mats but then realized it would be to slippery for meI picked them up at Auto Zone for somewhere around $25 for the set of 4. They aren't as slippery as you would imagine, unless you just stepped in a puddle or something.

ben.gators
07-30-11, 02:36 AM
Just 25?! I liked them, but I was thinking they should be something really expensive! Mine are really dirty, and has been looking to find nice and good looking mats for reasonable price. It seems that I need to have a trip to Autozone. Hope they still carry them!

update: I just found it on autozone's website! Nice! :D