: no start

madmike1066
10-20-04, 05:38 PM
I have a 1994 STS that I am having a problem with. It will not crank when I turn the key. The A/C blower motor doesn't work either, both were working fine and quit at the same time. All the fuses are good, the battery voltage is good, I don't have any security or SES fault codes. I replaced the ignition switch, but to no avail. HELP!

Ranger
10-21-04, 02:29 PM
What condition are your cables in? How old is the battery? What is the voltage when you crank? Do your lights go very dim when you crank? You may have a dead cell.

madmike1066
10-21-04, 03:46 PM
Battery is new, lights don't dim when the key is turned. Cables look good, soaked them in baking soda, I'm trying to avoid digging into the engine to check the starter. Could it possibly be in the theft deterrent system?

kcnewell
10-21-04, 05:37 PM
Have you tried moving the shift lever around while holding the key in the crank position? Try starting it in neutral and park and while moving the shift lever. Possibly the neutral safety switch is failed or misadjusted. That switch interlocks the starter to keep you from cranking in gear.

madmike1066
10-22-04, 02:56 PM
Tried that when I changed the ignition switch, I'm ready to pull my hair out! :hmm:

rswaim
10-22-04, 05:49 PM
Just a long shot. Have you tried moving the steering column to different positions. I have had that work before. :yup: By the way, when you had the ignition switch out, did you try it before you mounted it on the column? As in try to slide the lever just to see if the new switch worked.

madmike1066
10-23-04, 09:26 AM
Thx, tried that, too, guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and take it in to the dealershit (oops misprint) :D Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram?