: New cts-v owner says Hello

Speedtrapped
07-27-11, 08:47 PM
I have owned my cts-v wagon for a little over a month and it's my 1st American sports car. I have been a germen sports car fan for a long time. I have owned 911, cl65 amg, and still own 03' Audi RS6. I must say Cadillac has blown me away! My "grocery hauler" is awesome, speed, handling and comfort are matched to all my previous cars. Sadly I had car with 300 miles into it and a bus's hub tore my back driver side quarter panel! The car is at one of the Best body shops in NJ. I wasn't even in the car! $7k repair job, bus company is paying. I haven't driven her in 3 weeks and I miss my car. My car is black/black, recaros, 19" polished automatic. I have been mulling beefing up the top end and have considered Lingenfelters kit. Pulley change, CAI, ECu flash, pretty reasonable...has anyone had experience with this kit? When I get her back I will post a pic of the before accident and after.
Stephen

Domsz06
07-27-11, 08:56 PM
Stephen,

Welcome!

Lots of good options to mod her, you have to do your own HW and choose what you want. It's kind of a personal preference on who you want to go with.

Lots of good info here, do your HW and have fun!

Dom

Club Malibu
07-27-11, 09:10 PM
What is this best body shop in NJ?????

Speedtrapped
07-27-11, 09:22 PM
Ryan's, ocean nj.....Audi aluminum certified, Porsche , MB, etc, etc....the shop is immaculate.

Caddy Wagon
07-27-11, 10:24 PM
Congrats! I think yours is the third Wagon that I've heard of on this board with major damage to it with low miles, and none of them were the owners fault!

Speedtrapped
07-27-11, 10:31 PM
Ironically I have not leased a car in 4 years, because I tend to mod the he'll out of my cars, RS6 is stage 3 dahlback racing kit, method injection, 3"DP's into 100 cell racing cats, etc...640/770 as an example. I just dumped my cl65 and btw got taken to cleaners, I leased the wagon. Only thing is I still plan on modding, point is the accident report sticks with the lease. I couldn't believe my eyes when I came upon my car, but I must of chilled as I get older, because it didn't phase me.

Club Malibu
07-28-11, 12:34 AM
Ryan's, ocean nj.....Audi aluminum certified, Porsche , MB, etc, etc....the shop is immaculate.

Thank you. Good to know for future reference. I hope I never see the place.

Jutskin
07-28-11, 08:17 AM
congrats....enjoy the car.