: She's gone.....

turbojimmy
07-27-11, 06:37 PM
On a ship to Lithuania as I type this. No kidding. The guy that bought my '96 Fleetwood limo put it on a container ship to Lithuania for his brother. It's gonna be the baddest ride around out there. The guy wouldn't leave without it - ultimately paid my asking price.

It was sad to see it go, and I took a MASSIVE financial beating on it, but I couldn't pass up the '94. I'm picking it up tomorrow night. It's a perfect combination of things - not too long, middle seat flips but it has a partition. Ice chest and glassware storage, too. It has a couple of minor cosmetic issues, but I plan on taking it to the Crue/Poison concert on Sunday.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow - 4 hours in each direction starting at about 3PM in the afternoon....

CADforce69
07-27-11, 07:27 PM
Im sure you had shared a lot of good stories with your '96. Nostalgia is unavoidable, but for most of us, keeping 2 cars like these is not possible. I guess the guy who bought your limo is going to care her as best as he can, but if that '94 is the car you want now, you have to go for it.

Good luck in your long round trip :thumbsup:

MoistCabbage
07-28-11, 05:22 PM
Glad you got what you were asking. I had been watching it on eBay. I'll be waiting for pics of the '94.:yup:

Stingroo
07-28-11, 10:25 PM
That's a big ass shipping container. Any pics of the load up?

turbojimmy
07-28-11, 11:13 PM
That's a big ass shipping container. Any pics of the load up?

No, he drove it away. Curiously, he had Illinois dealer tags (I'm in NJ). He was headed to Newark to get it on the ship by 7PM. There's no way he made it. It probably went out yesterday morning.

I got the "new" one home just a few minutes ago. It's like hitting the "do over" button, but with a better foundation. The car needs a lot of work, but nothing I can't handle over time. I'm gonna start a new thread....

Cadillacboy
07-30-11, 02:47 PM
That's amazing someone on the other side of the earth bought your limo . I liked your limo in every way , I hope your next limo will be good for you as well