: Operating Temp??????

fristim
08-18-03, 01:00 PM
Recently purshased a 98 concours, I noticed that the temp gauge runs right past the half mark. The front of the temp needle actually barely touches the back of the half way mark. If I do any kinda or aggressive driving or prolonged idling the temp gauge goes to the next line past the half mark. It'll generally stay there until I start driving agian and then it'll eventually come down. Is this normal or does is it a thermostat problem. The temp never goes past line right after the halfway mark but it just hangs there too much for me. Whats it sound like guys-THanks in advance-Joey!!

Katshot
08-18-03, 01:11 PM
Don't worry about the gage until you can correlate it to a specific engine temp. The gages are not terribly accurate. Find out what the ACTUAL engine temp is and then proceed.

fristim
08-18-03, 01:21 PM
Don't worry about the gage until you can correlate it to a specific engine temp. The gages are not terribly accurate. Find out what the ACTUAL engine temp is and then proceed.

How do I find out the actual temp, it doesnt show it in the DIC.

Katshot
08-18-03, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, I believe you need a scanner on your particular car. Looking through the manual I have, it suggests that there is no PCM data available through the OBD display. Sorry.