: Cold Air... Yes.. Same for my 05 V8 and 07 V6 STS

porkfarm
07-27-11, 11:38 AM
Well, I went and replaced the stock air box on the 2007 V6 with my 2005 V8 Volant Cold air intake ( for sale on this board ) . I figured I would post a few notes for anybody that was looking into doing this.

On the V8 I had to trim down the volant tube about a half inch to make it fit, also had to open up the holes on the mass airflow just a tiny bit. for a good fit.

I used the exact same box from the V8 and just installed on the V6..

Reused stock snorkel..
Had to use piece of foil duct tape to seal a small gap where the mas connects to the box.

But the stock air box is just about the same on the V8 an V6, just smaller diameter snork connections and mass airflow.

Oh and the T body was very dirty, clean that out with MAS cleaner... And yes, the bottom stock air cleaner was not clipped in correctly.. The dealer must have "checked" it when the wife took it in for transmission issue.

KRSTS
07-27-11, 02:14 PM
Sounds like you may have been sucking unfiltered air into your engine. Good luck wih that:ill:

porkfarm
07-27-11, 02:44 PM
Yup.. Another good reason to buy the Volant off me.. Quick check and a known good fit. :thumbsup: What a screwy filter setup Caddy has for these cars.