Cadillac Owners Forum banner

someone please help

648 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Caddylover86 
#1 ·
hey im looking for a ILC (idle load compensator) for my 89 brougham. ive checked everywhere except the junkyard. im hoping that i can get a new or refurbd one so that i dont have to worry about getting a bad part. pretty much this is not working so whenever the ac is on the idle drops and doesnt want to come back up.

#2 ·
It was discontinued, so nobody will have a new one (unless it NOS) and I don't know about refurbishment. The best thing is to find a bunch of Olds motors in a junk yard, and buy the ILC's in bulk. Most of them will work, but there will always be that imminent failure factor hanging over your head.

The ILC fails because the internal diaphragm ruptures and it can't hold vacuum. If you could figure out how to disassemble it, and then reseal it, you could rebuild it to function perfectly. So getting a few that don't work might help you figure how refurbish them (because there will come a time when a 307 will be hard to find).

#3 ·
thanks guess i got some work to do. and ill repost this if i find a way to refurb these things. i just dont understand with there being so many olds 307 in so many cars from the 80 til 90s why has no aftermarket company taken advantage of this. oh well maybe i can figure something out thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.