: Recalibrating Tire Sensors

CobaltCaddi
10-20-04, 02:25 PM
I'm sort of new to the boards. I'm not good at posting things, but have found the information that everyone discusses very useful.

I just purchased a set of 22" TIS 04's for my Ext. I called the dealer whom informed me how to reset the tire pressure sensors as follows;

1. Set the parking brake

2. Turn the key to the on position

3. Turn the headlights on 4 times. You should then hear a honk.

4. Go to the left front tire and begin letting out air until you hear a honk.

5. Proceed to the right front tire and do the same.

6. Proceed to the right rear then left rear the same as before.

7. Last put air back in the tires to the recommended level which should cause the sensor warning to cease.

I'll be mounting my tires this weekend to see if this really works. Good luck to the rest of you....

CobaltCaddi
White-Diamond 04 Ext

TRNSFRM
10-21-04, 11:00 AM
I just purchased a set of 22" TIS 04's for my Ext. I called the dealer whom informed me how to reset the tire pressure sensors as follows;

CobaltCaddi
White-Diamond 04 Ext

Do you have tire pressure sensors installed in your new 22"? If so, where did you get them, and how much do they cost?

shawn

CobaltCaddi
10-21-04, 10:53 PM
I purchased a new sensor at the dealer. It was $76.00 for the sensor and the $8.00 for the bolt to hold it on.

cableguy43
10-21-04, 11:08 PM
My dealer told me the sensors would not work on my 22" Foose Spedster wheels. They didn't want to take teh chance of the sensor breaking.

CobaltCaddi
10-21-04, 11:11 PM
Did you just leave them out? If you did does th sensor light still stay on? I have yet to find a way to keep it turned off.

Some rims are not made to hold the sensor properly. It really depends on the angle of the valve stem hole.

TRNSFRM
10-22-04, 10:39 AM
Cobalt:

Do you happenned to have the part # for the sensor?

Shawn

cowboyfan
04-16-05, 12:31 AM
so did this work or not??

2003 ESCALADE 24
04-17-05, 02:07 PM
i just bought a new 05 last month and new tis 03 24inch wheels the sensors will work on after market wheels i put them in they retail for about 76.00 plus about 10.00 for the screw/nut if u have a friend that work at a gm dealer they will cost u about 50.00 each plus 4 for the nut put them in an bring it back to the dealer they have a wand that they hold by each tire to relcaibart each on it take about 3 minutes to do all 4 wheels mine world just fine.

outofdablue
04-18-05, 02:07 PM
How do you know if your wheels are compatable with the sensors? I have Giovanna Genoa's 24's, is there a way to disable the warning light?

dnyce617
04-18-05, 03:11 PM
outoftheblue: You really have to dismount the tire and see if you can make it work. They were not supposed to work on my Lowenharts but we put them in and it at least got rid of the dash light. Whether or not they're actually monitering the pressure correctly I couldn't say. On my rims the valvestem is located behind the center section of the wheel, at a 90 degree angle to the hoop, so the sensor is basically just sticking into the well of the tire, with no support. I'd say if you have the 70 bucks to blow on a sensor to try it out, plus the money to dismount/mount and balance the tire, it's worth worth it. As far as I know they're is no other way to clear the code permanantly.

2003 ESCALADE 24
04-19-05, 06:06 PM
outoftheblue i had giovanna abruzzo and they worked fine

YFZFOURFIFTY
04-19-05, 09:07 PM
Guys... i have a ? .. i just got rims. never been on the car.. 20" .. someone said that i take the sencers out of the stock rims and put them in the aftermarket 20".. what are they talking about???? theres a sencer???

How do i get the check breaks light off on the dash??:cookoo:

danimal
04-21-05, 12:38 AM
i was wondering the same exact thing
that is can u take them from the stock rims, and if so do u have to totally take off the tire or can u remove the stem

otherwise they r 70 bucks a piece?

if u dont replace them is the error light on non stop or just at the start? also is there a way to just disable the warning light?

dnyce617
04-21-05, 01:29 AM
You can move the sensor between rims, but if you have summer/winter wheels it's going to end up costing you more in the end to remount and balance the tire every change over. With no sensors at all, you will have a dash light on all the time, there's no way to get rid of it. If you have the sensors mounted, but not calibrated (like me right now, I'm lazy) you will just get the "CHECK TIRE SENSOR" at startup but no light.