: The back-up(Reverse) light in my SRX 2011

SRXing
07-26-11, 07:00 AM
Hey guys,
I bought my SRX 2011 lately and am kinda like it...the thing that i wanna make sure of is that when i put the shift on (R) means when i reverse,i noticed that only one of the reverse lights is working...for me it seemed weird so is that common for all new SRX???and if yes,i am so curious to know why since its really ugly as if u r riding a new 2011 car with a broken light...

GMJim
07-26-11, 07:25 AM
Welcome, and congrats on your purchase. Unfortunate that it's burned out, but your service dept
can fix that quickly.

Jim

SRXing
07-26-11, 09:12 AM
Dear Jim,
Thanx for ur reply,I have I called the GM dealer here in Saudi Arabia since I been working in Saudi for the last 2 years and when I took an appointment and went there today,I was surprised when the engineer told me that there is nothing wrong in my car and that the SRX 2011 was manufactured like this,,,he stated that this is GM issue and it comes with this specs...
Honestly,i am still not convinced with that answer and that why i have posted my thread here..
am not sure if the exported cars comes with diff. Specification such as the back-up light..
If anyone has any idea about that please advise ...
Regards,

Smokin' SRX
07-26-11, 09:26 AM
Welcome SRXing! If you have 2 BU lights, (and I'm sure you do!) they both should come on when in reverse gear. Call the Dealer again and speak to a Manager. Good luck.

SS

SRXing
07-26-11, 11:00 AM
Thanx SS,
I Been trying to get hold of the Manager but it seems its not as easy as i thought here,,,
thus,I will try to visit the dealer again and meet the manager in person...
aslo,I am trying to get the GM e-mail contact to verify the same issue for the exported motors...
Regards,

GMJim
07-26-11, 11:01 AM
Hmmmmm, I will ask someone in lighting about that.
Maybe Saudi Arabia only requires one back up light to be lit.

Jim

SRXing
07-26-11, 11:09 AM
Thanx JIM,

That would be awesome,
appreciate it though..

Regards..

GMJim
07-26-11, 11:35 AM
I talked to the responsible lighting engineer. Saudi Arabia requires
one to be a back up lamp, and the other to be a switched fog lamp.

Jim

cvettr/cts-v
07-26-11, 12:45 PM
Now that's interesting. I guess like the mercedes that one tail lamp can be set brighter although it would seem like they would want the fog lamp to be different color than reverse lamp to avoid confusion in fog as to which direction it is traveling. Maybe clear lens but colored lamp though.

GMJim
07-26-11, 01:40 PM
I would think it is red. Not sure if it's the bulb or lens.
SRXing could tell us.

SRXing
07-26-11, 04:18 PM
Thanx Jim,,that was a big relief,even though its ugly and I don't know what the use of a fog light here in Saudi since I have never seen a fog here before, at least I got to know now that it is not a defect,,
however,this issue should be informed to the costumer when purchasing the car ....the funny part was when i asked the engineer why its like that,he never mentioned anything about the fog light,he simply answered me "i have no idea"....
regarding the color,u guys r right,the lens is clear just like the reverse one but the bulb is red..
thanx again for ur help :)

Smokin' SRX
07-27-11, 10:11 AM
nice work GMJim. Ok, then he must have a "Red light switch" for fog, somewhere. Curious where it is......

Johnel5
07-27-11, 12:04 PM
I still for the life of me cannot figure out why the second (fake) back-up light on each side was not fitted as a rear (red) fog light on each side that would come on with the front fog lights.
Would make the vehicle far more visble from the rear in foul weather.

SRXing
07-27-11, 12:28 PM

hey guys,
i took this photo which shows the light switch in my SRX,as u can see,its split into 2 parts...the upper one is for the front fog lights where the one below is for the rear fog light..
that answers ur question SS

Regards..

GMJim
07-27-11, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the pic!!

SRXing
07-27-11, 12:36 PM
u welcome...

Marc NY
07-27-11, 01:41 PM
I still for the life of me cannot figure out why the second (fake) back-up light on each side was not fitted as a rear (red) fog light on each side that would come on with the front fog lights.
Would make the vehicle far more visble from the rear in foul weather. Good point!

Another thought, maybe the " RED" rear Fog Light was meant to be used so one can be seen better through those blinding Sand Storms :wisdom: instead of FOG?:halo:

GMJim
07-27-11, 02:48 PM
Would make the vehicle far more visble from the rear in foul weather.

These regulations are government mandated. We all know that the government knows what's
best for everbody, and everything...................
:gg: