: White diamond tricioat

quattrotman
07-26-11, 02:27 AM
Please forgive my ignorance but what is with this color? Why do some of them look really white and some look Pearl or off-white? Are there 2 whites available for 07+ ?? I thought you could only get white diamond tricoat?
Confused:confused:

hcvone
07-26-11, 08:13 AM
It is a metalic white (pearl), there is only one white in 07' and that was diamond white, some of the gold mist trucks can almost look like a diamond white when dirty. Another thing that I get all the time is "why does your truck appear to be a different color than mine" and this is mostly because some Escalade owners never wash or wax their trucks, and after a few years their diamond white trucks look like semi gloss white :(

Dgo_636
07-26-11, 06:43 PM
Yeah I've noticed that too and I don't think that with time or the wax changes the color. The only thing I can think of is maybe they're different model years. Can anyone confirm this.

h2kool4tn
07-26-11, 06:57 PM
My diamond white (2011) looks different in different light. Definitely looks more elegant than plain white and cleaner.

hcvone
07-26-11, 07:08 PM
Yeah I've noticed that too and I don't think that with time or the wax changes the color. The only thing I can think of is maybe they're different model years. Can anyone confirm this.

Same paint code from 07' to 11', I am pretty sure it's the same code as my 03' was too, I have had (3) 07's, (1) 08', (1) 09' and an 11' all diamond white in color, there was no difference, but as said in different lights it takes on different shades

quattrotman
07-27-11, 02:34 AM
I see some white ones and they litterally look beige and some look bright white. The older ones look worse...it's almost like it gets darker with age....but some don't. I can see how if it's a complex multi layer color that it will look different in sunlight/shade but it seems to look totally different depending on the car. When I was looking for one, I really wanted white but the color just looked all over the map. I saw pictures and then went to see the car and they were totally different. I gave up on looking for white becasue of that. Glad I'm not the only one...I thought I needed to get my eyes checked :)

darkknight1999
07-28-11, 09:31 PM
yeah just pray you never need to have a fender painted... its sooooo hard to match and it never looks right... and blending it correctly is even harder...

saketoro
08-02-11, 01:50 AM
dang it! :banghead:

I am about to pick one up that is the pearl white color and I already see a scratch near the back quarter panel area. Since its so hard to match the color, does that mean I should look for another car?

hcvone
08-02-11, 07:29 AM
No just a real good body shop, they can do a good job, and if they don't if will look like crap

pompousass
04-27-12, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know of another Cadillac touch-up paint that would be close to the Diamond White? I either have a bad batch or it is just too thin, more like a clearcoat. It is GM Code 98 WA800J Lacquer Touch-Up Paint, White Diamond. I have a couple of chips and after applying this touch-up there is no visible difference?

Ghost Deany
04-28-12, 12:55 AM
Does anyone know of another Cadillac touch-up paint that would be close to the Diamond White? I either have a bad batch or it is just too thin, more like a clearcoat. It is GM Code 98 WA800J Lacquer Touch-Up Paint, White Diamond. I have a couple of chips and after applying this touch-up there is no visible difference?

Thats just how the touch up paint is. I thought I got a bad one too, and went back to get another one, my parts guy said thats how they all are. He told me what customers do is use the regular white touch up paint first, then put a coat of the white diamond on top, and even still it looks off.

quattrotman
04-28-12, 02:03 AM
Thats just how the touch up paint is. I thought I got a bad one too, and went back to get another one, my parts guy said thats how they all are. He told me what customers do is use the regular white touch up paint first, then put a coat of the white diamond on top, and even still it looks off.

I just got a bunch of paint work done on mine. Although it is quicksilver, the paint guy told me there are like 14 different shades and it has to be matched to your VIN. Touch up is just one color which resembles it but it will never be a perfect match. You'd have to order some specific paint to match your color. These metallic tricoat colors are also notoriously hard to match.

pompousass
04-30-12, 10:31 AM
My problem isn't that it is hard to match. There is no color to it.

Ghost Deany
05-02-12, 12:23 AM
My problem isn't that it is hard to match. There is no color to it.

Thats how all the white diamond touch up pens are. Try putting the regular white touch up paint first, then put the white diamond touch up on top of that after the regular white is dry. I know what you mean, if you just put the white diamond touch up paint on an area, you can see right through it, it just looks like a silvery clear paint almost. The method here is the only thing i have heard that works as far as touch up. I think the tri coat paint is like a 3 step painting process, which is why its a pain in the ass to match even when getting professionally done. Also seems to be why there doesn't seem to just be a touch up paint pen that can match accurately.