: 2012 Hennessey V1000 Twin Turbo Coupe

BigJoeD
07-25-11, 11:58 PM
OMG I can't wait to see the finished product. Only 12 will be made according to the site.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/cts-v1000-coupe.html

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-54734705425182/v1000-front.jpg

aj660
07-26-11, 12:13 AM
That looks pretty hot!! I'm surprised it only does 10.9 in the 1/4 with 1000hp; I would have guessed low 10s because his 700hp v-coupe did the 1/4 mile in 11.16. This car with 300 more hp is only .2 faster ? I know the 136mph trap speed is significant compared to the V700s 124mph trap speed. So with 345s in the rear, I guess traction is still a problem. Either way, I love the car !!! My guess is it will cost at least $120,000, which is worth it IMO...

BigJoeD
07-26-11, 12:37 AM
Couldn't have said it better Aj!

PremierJosh
07-26-11, 09:40 AM
Very sexy imaging. It deffinatly should run faster than that.

Junkie414
07-26-11, 12:05 PM
If they look like that I'll be impressed, the rendering looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing how it actually turns out

PhxTriode
07-26-11, 01:12 PM
That looks pretty hot!! I'm surprised it only does 10.9 in the 1/4 with 1000hp; I would have guessed low 10s because his 700hp v-coupe did the 1/4 mile in 11.16. This car with 300 more hp is only .2 faster ? I know the 136mph trap speed is significant compared to the V700s 124mph trap speed. So with 345s in the rear, I guess traction is still a problem. Either way, I love the car !!! My guess is it will cost at least $120,000, which is worth it IMO...

It looks like witha 230mph top speed maybe some different gearing??

cbloveday
07-26-11, 01:26 PM
I like those wheels alot!\\

Looks like they are using some body goodies from spectre werkes or Halltech

JOEYCTS-V
07-26-11, 01:32 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the coupe but that I like!

tabio42
07-26-11, 08:18 PM
If they made a widebody like that for the sedan I'd love it.

aj660
07-26-11, 08:27 PM

Hmmmm that's a good point...

aj660
07-26-11, 08:29 PM
I might look into adding a body kit to my coupe. I'm lovin those 345s rear tires. That car looks so much nicer than mine lol...

I wonder how much it would cost to make my v-coupe look like that one. I don't need the 1000hp but that body kit is sweet..

BigJoeD
07-27-11, 02:18 AM
Call them Aj!

M5eater
07-27-11, 08:09 AM

it doesn't really need it, there's plenty of power band left in these cars.

345's with the sidewall height in the render? there's 0 flex in those things, I would bet even if you went with less narrow tred width but something with more sidewall it would absorb the shock better and get you off the line faster to approach low 10s. The Carbon Ceramic brakes is what has me going ga-ga.. that's huge $$$ there alone.

LV_V
07-27-11, 12:08 PM
If they made a widebody like that for the sedan I'd love it.

D3 is working on something for you.... ;)

wait4me
07-27-11, 12:27 PM
A twin turbo setup would not be hard on our cars, but would require alot more money than just putting on a different blower. The Venom of thiers is using the same motor setup as in this, from the looks of the specs, and let me tell you, That car is hilarous to drive.

Check out the guys face when Heinricy gives him a warm up test run... It is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pE_WFWjsgE&feature=player_embedded#at=1

I would love to put the same setup in a V. Maybe one day when i get caught up, ill put the setup in one of my Vs...

The engine made a crap load of power on the dyno, but fuel quality regulated the final power numbers, and break in on the engine, as it only had 50or so miles on it for goodwood festival. Next time, and some good american fuel in her and 1200hp to the wheels should be an easy target. Especially with more than 12psi...

ProImaging
07-27-11, 03:25 PM
If Hennessey is the same as they are with vipers i wouldnt touch them with a ten foot pole, i know several folks that got screwed by Hennessey

Domsz06
07-27-11, 03:34 PM
If Hennessey is the same as they are with vipers i wouldnt touch them with a ten foot pole, i know several folks that got screwed by Hennessey

I've heard about that as well, just like my neighbor and his charger...

But others swear by them. It seems locals love him, and people who mail it hate him.

shade
07-28-11, 01:29 PM
Hes a buttf*ck and ruined a few guys SRT-10's
Oh well

buddyg
07-28-11, 02:12 PM
One million dollars for the 1200 hp Venom GT. I think I will pass. It looks like an stretched
out exige, which it basically is. Give me a Lambo Aventador and a used Carrera GT and I still
would have money left over.

JimmyH
07-28-11, 04:59 PM

:yeah:

although I thought I read somewhere that they are getting their act back together

baabootoo
07-29-11, 12:20 AM
Ok, two for Jay, one for Dave, one to Shelby, two more for Hastings, and the rest.......for E-Bay! :) Wait, I forgot, two more for the Tuttels.

ProImaging
07-29-11, 08:48 AM
:yeah:

although I thought I read somewhere that they are getting their act back together

Thats supposed to have been happening for several years but i doubt it.

JOEYCTS-V
07-29-11, 08:48 AM
What are some of these Hennessey horror stories? I've never heard anything bad about them.

JimmyH
07-29-11, 09:21 AM
It's a famous story. Some guy dropped off his Viper and $20k cash (or something like that, I don't remember the exact numbers) and basically, a year or so later, got his Viper back sans engine. Hennessey took his money, and he never got his engine back.

Teutonaddict
07-29-11, 10:41 AM
^^^^

The Viper dollar amount was $142,500, BTW.

Similar story from an E39 M5 guy who showed up at the shop to find his 'nearly completed' project parted out. Even C&D did a write-up with an interesting contrast with LPE.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/02q3/supercars_can_bite_as_hard_as_they_can_run-column

JimmyH
07-29-11, 11:34 AM
I knew someone would have the number.

Pretty good that I remembered the $20000 number off the top of my head though :bouncy:

MotownPimp
07-29-11, 02:48 PM
What do you guys think of the 20" tires....from a performance viewpoint? Does not look like a lot of rubber when your whizzing along at 230 mph.

cbloveday
07-29-11, 02:51 PM
What do you guys think of the 20" tires....from a performance viewpoint? Does not look like a lot of rubber when your whizzing along at 230 mph.

Did I miss the transition post?

The Tony Show
07-29-11, 03:29 PM
Guys, Hennessey was a vendor here for a brief period of time- and no one had a single problem with his company delivering on a product while he was selling his CTS-V stuff here. The C&D editorial is from 9 years ago, and John was pretty forthcoming about his troubles during that period while he was here on this board. I'm certainly not excusing what happened with his company in the past, but it's a shame that he got run out of here because people had to keep bringing up this stuff that happened a decade ago.

More vendors means more choices for your products, fewer ads needed to cover our bandwidth costs, and lower prices for you on modifications for your cars due to competition. If we keep ganging up on vendors for one or two mistakes they made in the past and refusing to let them prove they've changed, we'll forever be stuck with no one making products for the CTS-V except a few small places who can charge whatever they want because there's no competition. Some people seems to think we're defending vendors simply out of greed for their subscription fees, but it's quite the opposite- the site owner has actually refunded and removed more vendors over the years for being disruptive, causing problems or failing to deliver on promises than he's kept. The type of vendors we want here are those who are part of the community and treat the members and fellow vendors with respect, but they (rightly) expect that to be a two way street.

If you want the aftermarket for the CTS-V to thrive, we need to make this a welcoming place for aftermarket shops and judge them based on their actions and product TODAY- not what they might have done a decade ago. If we can welcome 2 or 3 more big name shops into the forums, you'd see the ads virtually disappear, prices on mods go down and selection skyrocket, but it's never going to happen if you keep publicly attacking the people who make the aftermarket for your cars.

vetkila
07-29-11, 04:20 PM
Well said!

shade
07-29-11, 05:19 PM
Guys, Hennessey was a vendor here for a brief period of time- and no one had a single problem with his company delivering on a product while he was selling his CTS-V stuff here. The C&D editorial is from 9 years ago, and John was pretty forthcoming about his troubles during that period while he was here on this board. I'm certainly not excusing what happened with his company in the past, but it's a shame that he got run out of here because people had to keep bringing up this stuff that happened a decade ago.

More vendors means more choices for your products, fewer ads needed to cover our bandwidth costs, and lower prices for you on modifications for your cars due to competition. If we keep ganging up on vendors for one or two mistakes they made in the past and refusing to let them prove they've changed, we'll forever be stuck with no one making products for the CTS-V except a few small places who can charge whatever they want because there's no competition. Some people seems to think we're defending vendors simply out of greed for their subscription fees, but it's quite the opposite- the site owner has actually refunded and removed more vendors over the years for being disruptive, causing problems or failing to deliver on promises than he's kept. The type of vendors we want here are those who are part of the community and treat the members and fellow vendors with respect, but they (rightly) expect that to be a two way street.

If you want the aftermarket for the CTS-V to thrive, we need to make this a welcoming place for aftermarket shops and judge them based on their actions and product TODAY- not what they might have done a decade ago. If we can welcome 2 or 3 more big name shops into the forums, you'd see the ads virtually disappear, prices on mods go down and selection skyrocket, but it's never going to happen if you keep publicly attacking the people who make the aftermarket for your cars.

Nothing wrong with reminding the public of past failures. For this vendor there are still current failures and for you to say the community is running them out of here....
Well workmanship stands for itself but as mods you guys are cutting threads off too much and not allowing customers/potential customers to ask tough questions for vendors, which in my simple mind is giving select ones a pass.

aj660
07-29-11, 05:26 PM
I had a hennessey Viper venom 650r in 2006. The car was a beast but I got rid of it after a year because I wanted something more practical. I also read good things from some recent Hennessey customers.

The Tony Show
07-29-11, 06:10 PM
Nothing wrong with reminding the public of past failures. For this vendor there are still current failures and for you to say the community is running them out of here....
Well workmanship stands for itself but as mods you guys are cutting threads off too much and not allowing customers/potential customers to ask tough questions for vendors, which in my simple mind is giving select ones a pass.

I know there's a group of people that feel this way Shade, and we tried everything we could think of to make them understand that isn't the case. We hate to lose members or vendors, but a site this size has rules that need to be enforced, and when it gets to the 7th or 8th warning, our hands are kind of tied.

When people who are customers of a vendor post up criticisms or complaints we let it stand. There's plenty of threads here with bad feedback about vendors that are still open and active, so I don't understand why certain folks accuse us of closing threads to protect vendors. The difference between the ones left open and the ones that get closed is that folks who are not customers of the vendor (or are a competing company themselves) decide to come in and pollute the conversation with accusations, hearsay and opinions for no reason other than to further their own interests. Even if what they're saying is true, it's absolutely unnecessary and inflammatory behavior, and we don't allow it.

We've never shut a thread down simply because someone was sharing their experience dealing with a vendor- good or bad. The ones we shut are when company B comes in and starts an argument trying to make themselves look better than company A. If a vendor is truly bad, the customer complaints will stack up on the forums and that vendor's business will dry up without anyone helping. Unfortunately, some people couldn't understand this and kept giving us reasons to lock threads where some good feedback could have been posted if they simply hadn't continued violating the rules about arguing on the forums.

Every business has bad times or screws things up at one time or another. Hennessey's time here was uneventful, they delivered some quality products to members and they were respectful of other vendors here and stayed out of flame wars. I hope to see them return some day.

aceofblitz
07-30-11, 06:26 AM
Anyone with an SRT8 should know the phrase "internet nut swingers"

The Tony Show
07-30-11, 08:49 AM
Yep- that was ridiculous, and that's exactly what happens when forum admins allow conversations to get ugly instead of locking them down.

That scene got out of control because the forum allowed people who weren't involved and other vendors to pile on, and would never be allowed here.

JimmyH
07-30-11, 04:34 PM
None of it matters to some people the staff here has been wrong in everything we have done. And considering we have tried every approach to every situation it's apparent we will never make everyone happy.

smackdownCTSV
07-30-11, 05:28 PM
Hennessey is generally overrated, overpriced, and under-performing.

JimmyH
07-30-11, 08:48 PM
The other problem we face is most folks on auto forums are generally looking for on-the-cheap. Quality tuners like Lingenfelter and Saleen don't do on-the-cheap. So there is little incentive for them to be here. That, and they don't need to advertise as everyone willing to pay already knows them.

550HP STSV
07-30-11, 11:04 PM
I will say that wait4me gave me world class service, amazing knowledge, and excellent modifications on my V for nearly a third of the price of every other performance shop I had contacted.

Busabob
08-01-11, 07:53 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the coupe but that I like!

My thoughts exactly.

The Tony Show
08-01-11, 10:54 AM
So hey, I'm an idiot. Hennessey is still in fact a vendor here. Sorry for thinking you guys were gone- you've just been so quiet lately. :doh:

Everyone, go get something from Hennessey!

JimmyH
08-01-11, 12:55 PM
I spent all my automotive rations buying cars over the last few years. None left. Sorry Hennessey.

BigJoeD
08-01-11, 03:31 PM
I will say that wait4me gave me world class service, amazing knowledge, and excellent modifications on my V for nearly a third of the price of every other performance shop I had contacted.

I'm still waiting on the backup camera from him ;)

BigJoeD
08-04-11, 02:38 PM
OMG I can't wait to see the finished product. Only 12 will be made according to the site.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/cts-v1000-coupe.html

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-54734705425182/v1000-front.jpg

Pic of the rear :)
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-54734705425182/v1000-rear.jpg

Torxila
08-04-11, 03:42 PM
The Tony Show/Moderator?

I don't know any vendors here, but you throw out some KDI company for trash talking about other vendors and yet ProImaging gets to have free reign on bad mouthing? Double standards?

Just asking
George

The Tony Show
08-04-11, 03:44 PM
I'm aware it might seem that way, but there's a huge difference. Vendors are still allowed to have opinions- all we ask is that they don't attempt to build their business here by attacking their competition.

If ProImaging were a Hennessey competitor looking to discredit them for professional gain I'd be all over it. All he posted was a personal opinion unrelated to his business though, and that's what forums are for.

surgin
08-04-11, 05:24 PM
omg that's the funniest video i've seen in a while!