: Much more info on the new and vastly improved 2012....................

dctex99
07-25-11, 09:37 PM
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/cadillac/cadillac-srx-for-2012-more-power-features/225798970789136

No comparison to the OLD 2010 & 2011.....more like my 2006...I will NOW seriously consider this................................

Kuya
07-25-11, 10:56 PM
Just read the article . . . and I must honestly say that I am not all that impressed. I guess I had expected leaps and bounds from what everyone is saying.

I have a 2010 AWD, and certainly the bigger more powerful engine in the 2012 is nice, but the rest of it . . . is neither here nor there for me. I have the AWD Premium model, so many of the add ons, I already have . . or simply don't care much about.

Heated wheel is nice, but nothing I would write home about.

On one hand . . the 2012 will be a super nice Crossover. On the other hand, I still love my 2010 . . .and it's platinum Ice . . . you won't find that in 2012 :) (at least from what I hear)

jay_zee
07-26-11, 01:10 AM
I was dissapointed that there was no platinum ice....that would have been my color choice. They're not quite out yet, can I still hope??

sube5186
07-26-11, 01:31 AM
No comparison to the OLD 2010 & 2011.....more like my 2006...I will NOW seriously consider this................................

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that. A statement that bold is usually reserved for a "next" generation model, like the '09 to '10 jump. The improvements are pretty much on par for a third year model. Thanks for the link anyway. Interesting read.

Sube

Kuya
07-26-11, 07:23 AM
From what I understand, the Platinum Ice would be eliminated because certain paint components (that were needed from this color) come from a plant in Japan. Because of Japan's recent natural disasters, it was no longer available.

I don't know if this means they will be bringing "plat ice" back at a later time, or if it is gone from the lineup for good.

I also can not confirm this, as I am only repeating things I have read.

I was dissapointed that there was no platinum ice....that would have been my color choice. They're not quite out yet, can I still hope??

Ponyman
07-26-11, 08:19 AM
Sube, you have to remimber that DCtex has been slamming the SRX ever since it came out. Pretty strong words for someone who doesn't even own one, and certainly doesn't drive one on a daily basis. Maybe his momma will let him buy a model of the SRX, then he can claim to own one. He just comes here to see if he can gt a rise out of us proud satisfied SRX owners. I for one am VERY happy with my 10, have had the opportunity to enjoy it for the last two years, and will probably trade it for a new model in a couple of years, if Cadillac stays on top of the styling like they did with this model.

wag 42
07-26-11, 09:19 AM
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/cadillac/cadillac-srx-for-2012-more-power-features/225798970789136

You're right, no comparison to my Turbo!

08SRX
07-26-11, 10:06 AM
Unfortunately it still sports that ugly sloping roof line which makes it look like a product from Nissan or Lexus.

GMJim
07-26-11, 12:28 PM
With the introduction of the Gen 2, the 2004 - 2009 looks like a hearse, now, more than ever.
Yes, I drove a gen one for 6 years.

More info:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Jul/0726_srx_pricing

dctex99
07-26-11, 01:33 PM
Glad they held the line on the price too...2012 will be a bargain, and having an eco mode for the gas savers is a nice addition until the Hybrid in '13....Go Cadillac

jjjleblanc
07-26-11, 02:05 PM
Any thoughts about E85 capable? I understand it's higher compression, lower cost, and lower MPG. Is it better to pick either gas or E85 and stick with one?

cz9h3d
07-26-11, 04:00 PM
FYI -
Platinum Ice will be back..... likely Sept/Oct production.

Ponyman
07-26-11, 04:37 PM
I haven't heard anyone yet say that any benefits of E85 make it worth running. The lower cost doesn't make up for the reduced mileage and loss of power. I would personally only run it in am emergency, and if I couldn't get anything else.

PJ1520
07-26-11, 05:08 PM
With the introduction of the Gen 2, the 2004 - 2009 looks like a hearse, now, more than ever.
Yes, I drove a gen one for 6 years.

More info:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Jul/0726_srx_pricing

GM Jim.........you are dead wrong on this one. Hearses are black. :bouncy: Something else about the GenI......I can get two dog crates side by side in the back without sacrificing the second row seating. Try that with the GenII.

PJ

PJ1520
07-26-11, 06:06 PM
Sube, you have to remimber that DCtex has been slamming the SRX ever since it came out. Pretty strong words for someone who doesn't even own one, and certainly doesn't drive one on a daily basis. Maybe his momma will let him buy a model of the SRX, then he can claim to own one. He just comes here to see if he can gt a rise out of us proud satisfied SRX owners. I for one am VERY happy with my 10, have had the opportunity to enjoy it for the last two years, and will probably trade it for a new model in a couple of years, if Cadillac stays on top of the styling like they did with this model.

Pony.........you once again seem incapable of ignoring this particular poster. You get lit up too easily. Please don't start this up yet again. Just chill and ignore. :yawn:

PJ

Smokin' SRX
07-27-11, 10:26 AM
Ponyman, I run E85 at times in my previous/current Yukon's (2003 & 2011). I read all the books. Heard all the debate. Then I tried it....... In my experiences, power increased noticeably, MPG dropped by a percentage that was roughly 95% offset by the savings in product cost. ( maybe 25-30 % both?) It has about 105 octane and the computer apparently advances the timing to allow some "hoot" factor. I wish the 2010/2011 models could run it.....

just my experiences with a 5.3L and 6.2L V-8 engines. ....... "your results may vary"....

SS

Ponyman
07-27-11, 10:47 AM
I only ran it one time in my 07 Avalanche, and was not impressed at all. Definetly didn't save anything, as the E=85 was cheaper, but not enough so to offset the drop in fuel mileage. That was my one experience. I have an 11 Avalanche and a 09 HHR that are E-85 capable, and they will never see a drop of it unless it is an emergency, or the government mandates E-85 only. That said, whe I run the E-10, which is almost all that is available, I don't notice any fuel mileage difference than with regular unleaded.

jay_zee
07-27-11, 11:01 AM
FYI -
Platinum Ice will be back..... likely Sept/Oct production.

Sept/Oct of 2011 production? That's not bad.

PJ1520
07-27-11, 05:47 PM
May be worth the wait for some with a serious color preference. I would be inclined to wait for it if that were to be my favorite color. Ya gotta look at it every day, and it would drive me nuts to think "If only I had waited two stinking months!"

PJ