: How to DIY Oil Change for 2010 SRX (non Turbo)

spmrebel
07-25-11, 09:15 PM
Hi all,

I have a 2010 SRX and my first oil change is due. I have searched everywhere I can think of on the internet to find instructions on changing out the oil on the SRX but no luck.

1. Where is the drain plug located?
2. What size socket does the drain plug take?
3. Does it require to jack up the car or drive it up ramps?

I rather do it myself to save some money. Oil changes are quite expensive at Cadillac dealers for this car ($80 to $105).

Thanks,

Shawn

retgi
08-30-11, 05:42 PM
did you ever get an answer? I want to do the same....
Pete

Andy_TN
09-04-11, 01:18 AM
Have you ever changed oil before? I ask because if you have, it will be obvious where the plug is. I don't recall the size offhand though. The filter is super easy to get to - from above even! I'm not near my SRX so I can't be of more help with pics or details - but if you've changed oil before, it will not be a problem. Ramps vs. a jack - whichever you prefer. I don't have ramps, so a jack (AND jackstand!) worked fine. Good luck.

riccic
08-18-12, 04:22 PM
15 mm drain plug without extension

I have a 2010 SRX and my first oil change is due. I have searched everywhere I can think of on the internet to find instructions on changing out the oil on the SRX but no luck.

1. Where is the drain plug located?
2. What size socket does the drain plug take?
3. Does it require to jack up the car or drive it up ramps?

I rather do it myself to save some money. Oil changes are quite expensive at Cadillac dealers for this car ($80 to $105).

Thanks,

Shawn[/QUOTE]

Terry Judkins
08-18-12, 04:36 PM
Take advantage of oil change specials at your local Chevrolet dealer. I found my Chevrolet dealer, where I bought my 2010 SRX used, to be much cheaper. They do a complete vehicle check and give me a copy of the results. Make sure that they use Mobile 1. I don't have to dispose of the used oil or crawl under the car.
I did replace the cabin air filter myself though. Saved a bunch.