: Speaker Upgrade...

MEJIA
10-20-04, 12:45 PM
I am sure there is a woofer or subwoofer under the center console between the driver seat and passenger seat. What size is this speaker?
Can it be upgraded with an aftermarket speaker?
Is this recomended??

Thanks for any comments,

Mejia

hcvone
10-20-04, 01:15 PM
I am working on a sub for the rear hatch, I will let you know how I make out.

Harrison256
10-20-04, 01:33 PM
I dont know what you meant by rear hatch but it gave me an idea, is there any way to wire subs like multiple 10 in subs into the actual rear hatch door itself where hte plastic is on the inside ,that would be great because it wouldnt take up cargo room and imagine standing under it when the door is open (if u put alot of 10s in there) im sure its not deep enough for a 12, or, or mabey put some 8s in it, just an idea.. i dont know alot about subs and car adio im more performance oriented

hcvone
10-20-04, 01:49 PM
I dont know what you meant by rear hatch but it gave me an idea, is there any way to wire subs like multiple 10 in subs into the actual rear hatch door itself where hte plastic is on the inside ,that would be great because it wouldnt take up cargo room and imagine standing under it when the door is open (if u put alot of 10s in there) im sure its not deep enough for a 12, or, or mabey put some 8s in it, just an idea.. i dont know alot about subs and car adio im more performance oriented

Bingo, that is what I am talking about. I am also trying one of these for fitment. http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/escalade.html#

:)

T_Dogg8
10-20-04, 02:35 PM
i heard that's crap. some avalanche guys tried it and hated it. said the subs were horrible and for the price it wasn't worth it.

Harrison256
10-20-04, 04:00 PM
well im talking custom and not for the ext jsut regular

hcvone
10-20-04, 05:01 PM
You can put in different subs, it will not be a good as a custom box, I just do not want to give up the room, it's a work truck. ;)

02Eskiii
10-20-04, 06:50 PM
Yes you can upgrade this sub, just make sure you buy an interface to add the additional amp. If you tap directly into the signal off of the stock amp your new sub will really sound like shiii@! I have done it and it was a huge waste of $ and time. If you add an amp the interface is a must. DO NOT use a high low converter on the bose system. I bought the interface from logjam electronics. great pricing, and fast shipping. 2 10W6V2 ported box with a JL 1000/1.. nice and clean...

here is a link for the converter http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/pacc2clgmrar.html

T_Dogg8
10-21-04, 08:16 AM
isn't that box close to a grand with the speakers?? from what i heard from people who had it or had seen it, it's not worth it because you can get a custom box the way you want it, cheaper.

dirty-red
10-22-04, 02:54 AM
yeah the set up is like $1200 installed, i went to a jl audio retailer about a month ago to get some info on it. i am just going to get a custom mid gate built and put the subs i want in it.