: Just wondering.....

MEJIA
10-20-04, 11:42 AM
Hello I am just posting this because I am kind of curious if someone has heard if these upgrade is possible or if someone has already done it.

My second favorite SUV is the H2. However I dont like the drivetrain (engine) and IMHO the interior should be more luxurious similar to that of the Escalade.

My question is the following: Is it possible to swap the Vortec 6000 found in the H2 for the Vortec 6000 H.O. found in the Escalade?

I know a supercharger for the Hummer would be cheaper and easier to install but I am not much into forced induction.

Thanks for any input, comments or suggestions,
Mejia

Harrison256
10-20-04, 11:45 AM
It would still be slower, it is alot heavier, theres also alot other cheaper things you can do for 20 hp than forced induction I mean just get a chip and its almost there...

hcvone
10-20-04, 12:18 PM
As said above the H2 is heavier, you can mod up the H2 engine, but supercharging or turbo charging would be a better bet. Two reasons I did not buy an H2 was, it was hard to see out of, and the interior looked like it was from the 70's

MEJIA
10-21-04, 11:38 AM
As said above the H2 is heavier, you can mod up the H2 engine, but supercharging or turbo charging would be a better bet. Two reasons I did not buy an H2 was, it was hard to see out of, and the interior looked like it was from the 70's

I agree with your comment regarding the interior design of the H2
And beisde the design I think the quality of the H2 interior dont even gets close to those of the Escalade. Feel like a Cavalier`s interior.