: Hurray! My 2012 SRX is being built this week!

Marc NY
07-25-11, 11:35 AM
My 2012 SRX is being built this week! :thumbsup:

I got back to work this week after having 3 weeks off and found an email in my Lotus inbox. :D

I am anxious to get and drive the new SRX with the 3.6 L engine. I had wanted another Flannel Grey SRX but instead I opted for the Black Ice this time around. I also thought I would try out the new machined standard 20" wheels on the Performance model this year too. FYI: I love the chrome wheels but thought I would give the new wheels a look see.

BTW: Is there anyone else who has ordered their 2012 SRX and have their build date yet?

dctex99
07-25-11, 08:33 PM
FINALLY<<<they builtl and NEW and IMProved 2012
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/cadillac/cadillac-srx-for-2012-more-power-features/225798970789136

Ponyman
07-26-11, 07:19 AM
Too bad that losers that don't even own or drive the car slam them at every opportunity.

Smokin' SRX
07-26-11, 08:18 AM
Best wishes Marc! You sure have great taste in rides! My lease has 2 more years to go......anybody hear of a "pull ahead" program? LOL

Def gonna test drive one. Guess I'm hoping it won't be THAT much better than my 2010 and I'll sleep better LOL

SS

Marc NY
07-26-11, 08:28 AM
Thanks SS!! I am really looking forward to testing out the new SRX.
I will give everyone the skinny on my thoughts soon ... I hope. :)[/COLOR]

smiley47
07-26-11, 09:13 AM
Good luck Marc. We're all expecting a full report and some pics when you take delivery.

Marc NY
07-26-11, 10:24 AM
Good luck Marc. We're all expecting a full report and some pics when you take delivery.Thank You... Will do! :thumbsup:

For the Record: If I didn't have someone that really wanted to buy my beautiful 2010 SRX so much I would be very happy to keep her. Also, I DO KNOW how it feels to buy a new vehicle and find out shortly after, that a newer and bigger engine was coming out. I bought my 5.3L 04 SSR in May 2004 and few months later the 05 SSR Chevy came out with the Corvette 6.0L engine and also with some better enhancements too. :bang2:

BTW: I still love my 04 SSR even today... I never sold it and am still very happy with it. :D :sunnynana:

Again, just my .02 :)

Ponyman
07-26-11, 10:30 AM
Marc perhaps I should have been a little more clear about my comment. It was in NO Way dirrected toward you.

Marc NY
07-26-11, 11:07 AM
Marc perhaps I should have been a little more clear about my comment. It was in NO Way dirrected toward you.No Problem. :) Thanks for the PM... I will edit out my previous post; please edit yours too. :)

GMJim
07-26-11, 12:41 PM
Cool Marc!
It's like having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the cigars!!!

PJ1520
07-26-11, 04:18 PM
My 2012 SRX is being built this week! :thumbsup:

I got back to work this week after having 3 weeks off and found an email in my Lotus inbox. :D

I am anxious to get and drive the new SRX with the 3.6 L engine. I had wanted another Flannel Grey SRX but instead I opted for the Black Ice this time around. I also thought I would try out the new machined standard 20" wheels on the Performance model this year too. FYI: I love the chrome wheels but thought I would give the new wheels a look see.

BTW: Is there anyone else who has ordered their 2012 SRX and have their build date yet?

Marc.......we'll have to change your name to "Sleepless In Western New York" for the next month or so. :thumbsup:

PJ

TheCaptain
07-26-11, 11:20 PM
Make sure to take pics of the dash! Wait... was it the '12 or '13 that was getting the screen integrated into the dash, and cool touch panels? :hmm:

Marc NY
07-27-11, 06:15 AM
Make sure to take pics of the dash! Wait... was it the '12 or '13 that was getting the screen integrated into the dash, and cool touch panels? :hmm:2013 is the year I believe they are refreshing the dash.

BTW: Is this photo showing the new color for 2012 SRX???

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/2012_SRX_Perf_Collect001jp.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/2012_SRX_Perf_Collect066jp.jpg

TheCaptain
07-27-11, 12:39 PM
That's Xenon Blue? It is a cool colour for sure, but its not quite what i had in mind with Xenon Blue! :D

Marc NY
07-28-11, 06:30 AM
That's Xenon Blue? It is a cool colour for sure, but its not quite what i had in mind with Xenon Blue! :DI agree... I think I like your blue much better. :D

22velocity
07-28-11, 08:55 AM
Marc, To go from a 2010 to a 2012 model , ballpark about what it is it running you. I have a 2011 and I am thinking of maybe upgradingf to a 2012. I like the vehicle alot,except for the 3.0 engine. Frank

Marc NY
07-28-11, 12:03 PM
To be honest with you that is something that I won't put into print. Every case is going to be different... since I am eligible for the GM discount my numbers might not be a true reflection of someone else's price situation.

You might want to find a buyer (as I have done) if not then check with your local Caddy dealers in your area and out of your area to see what they will give you on a trade-in. Typically speaking it is usually more cost effective to wait around 2 MY - (Model Years) or more before you trade in. Remember that mileage and your SRX's over all condition will also factor into the buyer's decision. You might find that your 2011 MY trade in might work for you too, so don't necessarily think you need to wait longer.

Get various prices on line NADA or Kelly Blue Book etc and dealer's prices on a Trade-In and then put your SRX in the newspaper and try to sell it for slightly more money. Remember you will loose the taxes on your sale if you don't run your SRX sale through your dealer. My dealer is willing to do that for me so I won't have to pay taxes on the full amount again. Some states allow you to only pay taxes on the difference of your trade-in and the new price.... thus saving you lots of $$$.

Let me know how you make out, and best of luck in your search.

Marc NY
07-28-11, 01:05 PM
*duplicate*

Gronk
07-28-11, 07:35 PM
I have been trying to order a 2012 for the past two weeks. Can't find a dealer that has 2012 order or pricing info yet, out here on the west coast.
I have to two different dealers in my area with no luck. I have called several other dealers in the Bay area, and I keep getting the same story.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

jjjleblanc
07-28-11, 08:35 PM
Gronk, The Cadillac dealer I work with placed my order as part of their stock order. He said they didn't have the pricing (as of July 11th) and will see it when the invoice arrives. We'll work out the details after it arrives and I test drive it. At this point all my options are open. I've purchased multiple Cadillacs from this dealer so there's a lot of trust on both sides. Good luck with your search!

jperaino
07-28-11, 10:21 PM
I ordered a 2012 SRX in July and it was produced this past week. It is currently bayed at the plant waiting for a ride to NJ. My dealer says that it should take about 3 weeks to get here. I also ordered black ice with the titanium/ebony interior. MSRP is around $53,800.

Marc NY
07-29-11, 05:58 AM
I ordered a 2012 SRX in July and it was produced this past week. It is currently bayed at the plant waiting for a ride to NJ. My dealer says that it should take about 3 weeks to get here. I also ordered black ice with the titanium/ebony interior. MSRP is around $53,800.Congrats... that is awesome to hear! Hmm nice color choice too. :thumbsup:

BTW: I just found out in an email this morning that my SRX was pulled up earlier and built last Friday and not this week. :bulging: :D :happyhappy:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/Order-1.jpg

TheCaptain
07-29-11, 10:20 AM
Exciting, isn't it! :D

b4z
07-30-11, 04:11 PM
I noticed that the '11s are starting to stack up on my dealer's lot.
The '12 is def. the one to get now.
Hoping the new blue doesn't have any lavender in it cause that will hurt sales for most buyers.

stevec5375
07-31-11, 10:39 AM
I am interested in hearing the initial reviews when the 2012 model hits the streets. Let's see if the complaints about the 2010 get corrected.

Gronk
08-02-11, 11:56 PM
Finally found a dealer that has the ordering and pricing info for the 2012 SRX. Sounded very good over the phone and was willing to immediately place an order as soon as we negotiate the price and trade-in of my 2010 SRX. Will be going over to see him this weekend (about 125 miles away) and hopefully make a deal.

2012SRX
08-03-11, 02:46 AM
Marc...am new to forum...ordered (GMS) a 2012 Radiant Silver Premium w/Titanium on 7/19 and am told by my sales rep it will be built on 8/8. We'll see. Coming out of a 2009 CTS-V...long story. How did you contact "Tony" at GM, to get him to provide updates? Tks...Tom

Marc NY
08-03-11, 07:02 AM
Marc...am new to forum...ordered (GMS) a 2012 Radiant Silver Premium w/Titanium on 7/19 and am told by my sales rep it will be built on 8/8. We'll see. Coming out of a 2009 CTS-V...long story. How did you contact "Tony" at GM, to get him to provide updates? Tks...TomHi 2012SRX, to be honest with you I have never met Tony personally, Tony was contacted by a good GM friend of mine who works up in Detroit at the Ren Center. Tony was able to help me get photos of the 2012 SRX new 20" machined rims and the chrome grille. Tony also volunteered on his own to keep me posted on the status of my SRX order. :worship:

FYI: Your dealer can do the same for you as well. If Tony hadn't offered to track my SRX for me I would have asked my dealer to find out the status of my order instead. (obviously I left Tony last name off for privacy reasons)

Below is another email I received from Tony today. :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/MYSRX.jpg

Ponyman
08-03-11, 07:23 AM
Yeah Marc, be sure to keep us posted. I am sure they have some some tweaking to make an already awesome car even better. I don't think we will be trading anytime soon though. We usually only keep a car about 2 years, and I asked my wife the other day if she was thinking about trading next year. She suprised me and told me she likes her SRX so much she might keep it as long as she did her 01 Tahoe. That vehicle lasted 5 years, which is a major record for us. Of course that is always subject to change with very little notice, and I have to admit that I am the one who usually puts the trade car bug in her ear.

Marc NY
08-03-11, 11:48 AM
Yeah Marc, be sure to keep us posted. .... Of course that is always subject to change with very little notice, and I have to admit that I am the one who usually puts the trade car bug in her ear.My wife liked her Pontiac Torrent so much that it took me over two years to convince her she needed a new one. :bulb:

2012SRX
08-04-11, 10:24 PM
Thanks Marc for the info on your experience/contacts. I have a great rep locally. Also the dealer has several 2012 units built and in transit to No. Texas. I'm going to check it out on Friday 8/5. When my son's 2011 CTS arrived I got there in time to take a picture of it being unloaded from the car carrier. Likewise for his 2008 CTS before that.

Smokin' SRX
08-05-11, 10:30 PM
Marc, I'm surprised you didn't use the old "blown cylinder" trick. I just pull a plug wire and tell the wife the eng needs replacing , and once "repair" is done, I don't trust it ,so we trade it in... I blame it on bad gas! Once she sees the new sled, she is almost happy it "happened" ! LOL

But you can only use it once.......

Good luck with that new SRX! we love our Plat Ice Performance more everytime we look at it!

SS

SS

Marc NY
08-06-11, 07:44 AM
SS I didn't have to go that quite that far... :lildevil:

Her new GMC Terrain in Cyber Grey or Flannel Grey as in our SRX color. Since I was getting Black Ice I thought it was great to have that color again. :D

Sorry about the poor pic quality, I shot it quickly off of my cell phone between all the rain showers.

BTW: The salesman wanted to steal my wife's plates ... Gee I don't understand why??? :hmm: :histeric:

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/photo.jpg

stevec5375
08-06-11, 08:49 AM
Beautiful ride.

Why don't you send some of that rain down here to Austin. We're dying in this drought with daily temps of 106. Everything looks so nice and green where you live and everything is burning up around here. But hey! There's no such thing as global warming. Yeah right! ;)

Marc NY
08-06-11, 09:29 AM
Beautiful ride.

Why don't you send some of that rain down here to Austin. We're dying in this drought with daily temps of 106. Everything looks so nice and green where you live and everything is burning up around here. But hey! There's no such thing as global warming. Yeah right! ;)Thanks Steve,

BTW: We had a long stretch of HOT dry weather too.... however not as bad as Texas and the southern area of our country. :(

2012SRX
08-07-11, 06:46 AM
Marc...I'm in the Dallas area...hot here. Cools down to 88 overnight! As posted earlier my 2012 on order was to be built on 8/8, but I connected with the "cadillacconnect.com" site on 8/6 AM, entered my email and order number and dealer location state, and within about 6 hours got a status that the vehicle was "shipped" on 8/5...meaning awaiting a rail car load. I then called my sales rep, he emailed me a copy of the invoice (I'm a GMS buyer). On it the expected arrival transit date is 8/18. Ships via rail from Ramos Arizpe MX (west of Monterrey)...about 600 miles...up through Laredo (I expect). You can google map and actually find a file photo of the plant's location. I ordered the FWD Premium w/optional compact spare...shipping weight said to be 4,352 lbs.

jjjleblanc
08-07-11, 09:15 AM
I noticed edmunds.com has pricing for the 2012 SRX. Some options are missing but they have they basics.

Marc NY
08-09-11, 04:45 PM
I just received a call from my Salesman to tell me that my SRX just arrived! :worship: :D

I asked him to send me a photo in a text message. I hope he can find a cell phone to do that... so I can share it :run: with everyone once I get it. :shocked: :spin:

Marc NY
08-10-11, 06:48 AM
My salesman sent me this image late last night and besides this coming from a cell phone and poor lighting here is the first look at my 2012 SRX. The Black Ice almost looks like a dark grey color in this light. It is hard to see the new 3.6 L engine in this photo.

I am hoping the new "machine" finished rims will look a little bit brighter when cleaned up and in natural lighting... will get to see her later on today. :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/SRXphoto.jpg

Chris & Donna
08-10-11, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on your new SRX ! Looks great

We also have one on order. I understand that it was built last week. So we should have it soon.

Gold Mist - Performance - Chrome Wheels..

jperaino
08-10-11, 08:25 PM
I just took delivery last night. The 3.6 is a big improvement as is the lock buttons on the door and the heated wheel. I ordered the compact spare kit from my dealer as it wasn't available when I placed my order back in June.