: Automatic Trunk Closure and Alberta "Fall"

daacon
10-20-04, 12:04 PM
Wish I had a video of my "key stone cop" routine. We have had about 3 days of snowfall. The Caddy is parked outside for now (working on that). So it was covered in snow. Brushed it off and left it overnight.

Next day locks and trunk "frozen" managed to "heat the key up" with a lighter and get in , pop the trunk with the glove box autoamatic release.

Well I reached in the trunk and then wham squised my finger (it was closing). There was enough ICE on the trunk to weigh it down to the point the electric trunk wanted to close it (reagardless of where my finger was - jut a pinch I retracted in time )

So I tried 3 or 4 times run to the front (componded with an icy driveway) , pop the release , then run to the back to get the trunk before it started closing again ...ahahahah must been priceless to watch

After thinking (a debatable point) about this I (Buster Keaton) , got my son to pop the trunk then I just stayed in the back and opened it. Ahh the Joys of winter begin.

T_Dogg8
10-20-04, 12:52 PM
thank god i live far enough south not to have snow yet. now to work on getting far enough i won't have any snow....

daacon
10-20-04, 02:06 PM
I hear that ...daughter Grade 10 - son Grade 8 - end is in sight ....once the kids are more or less self sufficent ......the wife and I will be looking South - don't really care east or west yet ...south is starting direction and we will go from there...

Elvis
10-20-04, 02:34 PM
All cars should have heated trunks, hoods, and doors. Push a button and the ice just melts away.

Sandy
10-20-04, 05:17 PM
South? South as in Florida? Charlie, Francis, Ivan.... NO THANKS! I'd rather plow, that lose my house & cars.

Ralph
10-20-04, 05:20 PM
Mines locked away in a security parkade. :D

daacon
10-20-04, 05:29 PM
South? South as in Florida? Charlie, Francis, Ivan.... NO THANKS! I'd rather plow, that lose my house & cars.

Was thinking Southern BC ..but ya never know .....lots of places south of me in Canada that do not have 8 months of winter :) (ok maybe 7 months ..still)

HotRodGirl
10-20-04, 11:34 PM
:coolgleam Thats why I love living in AZ, used to live in Wyoming though and hated it. give me 120 degree heat over below zero weather anytime!