Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A/C Blower?

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  renegaderob18 
#1 ·
I have a 1994 Brougham. The ac doesn't seem like it is blowing that well. The one time I started it it took about 2 minutes for it to start blowing. When it blows normally it seems like it takes 25 minutes or so for the car til you can feel it cooling off. The ac is fully charged so I know its not that. Were there problems with blowers on this year or do you all think the blower is getting ready to go out or could it be something else? I was thinking it is because it's a bigger car, but then I have had other suv's and big cars that cooled off in 5-10 minutes. Any ideas on what I should check or change or does it sound like the blower?

#2 ·
Under what conditions is this happening?

If you set the ECC for 60º and then hit AUTO or ECON, the blower should come on immediately, and blow at high. If you have the temperature set higher, then there may be a delay as the system measures the in-car temp and decides. If you are using ECON, even set at 60º, you will notice a lack of cooling and drying, because ECON does not engage the compressor.

If the blower never comes on high (stays at medium or low speed), when the ECC is set for 60º, then that could indicate the blower is going out. But if you set ECC is set for 60º, AUTO, and there is still a two minute delay until the blower comes on high, then there is more than likely an issue with the ECC system, and not the blower motor.

#3 ·
I have the ecc set on 60 and on high. It just doesn't seem to blow as much as any other car I've owned. The two minute delay was only the one time so far. I have tried setting it on low and high and you can feel it push out more air when you turn it from low to high. There are a lot of times when you slow down or stop where it if on high it seems to blow about 33% less then while driving. You can actually hear the blower slow down during that time until you get back up to speed. I just thought for a Cadillac it would have more force when on high set at 60 to cool it off before 25 minutes of driving time. I have had a 94 explorer that in 100 degree weather would only take 5-10 minutes to make it feel comfortable and trust me that thing ran like crap, so I thought the cadillac wouldn't take any longer to cool off. Hope that helps answer any questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.