: Shark Fin Antenna

TN 2011 SRX
07-24-11, 07:49 PM
Hello All. New 2011 SRX owner here with a question. I have a 4 Post Lift in my garage to allow storage of 3 vehicles as such, I have clearance issues with the stock antenna on the 2011 SRX Premium. So my question is there a stock from GM or quality replacement Shark Fin Antenna available for my vehicle? It is a bit of a pain to have to remove the antenna each time I put the SRX in the garage on the lift. I did a search before posting this question with no results. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Bob:thumbsup:

sube5186
07-24-11, 09:53 PM
Unfortunately, the answer to your question is no. There is no "fin" type replacement for the stock antenna.

Sube

GMJim
07-25-11, 07:42 AM
Hey Bob,
Welcome, and congrats on your purchase!

TheCaptain
07-25-11, 09:25 AM
Yea, its too bad we can't get a shark fin antenna, then that Mallard might still be alive... :rolleyes:
And it would look slightly cooler then the stick antenna.

Smokin' SRX
07-25-11, 11:01 AM
WELCOME and best wishes!

Be advised that the fin handles more than 1 frequency. AM/FM/XM/Cell, I believe. A replacement will be tricky. Can you cut a hole in ceiling? I am familiar with your type of lift setup and perhaps there is just sheetrock above that area? If so, a box can be cut out and provide a 4" relief. Perhaps enough?

good luck with it.

SS

TN 2011 SRX
07-26-11, 04:14 PM
Hello again,
I have been in contact with a vendor and he assures me that their shark fin antenna will work with my 2011 SRX. This reply was to my sending numerous pictures of my SRX antenna with measurements and specifications to the vendor. As you can see from the reply below, the vendor assures that the XM/Onstar/GPS signals will not be interfered with but, AM/FM station reception may be reduced. As I never listen to AM/FM anymore I don't see this as major issue. The vendor will color match the Shark Fin Antenna to my SRX color (Platinum Ice Metallic). I will let everyone know just how this turns out as I just placed my order a few minutes ago. Pricing is $69 plus $12 for shipping. See below
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your email.

Our pre-released Mark II VG shark fin antenna is compatible with your 2011 Cadillac SRX. For more information, pictures and how to order, please see the email below.

Regards,
Arthur

---------------------------------------
This new shark fin antenna was developed specifically for vehicles that have an AM/FM rear-roof whip antenna and a Sirius/XM/OnStar/GPS chip-set antenna integrated into the larger antenna base. Our Mark II antenna will allow you to replace the whip portion of your AM/FM antenna and cover the entire large antenna base on your roof to give it a clean look. Installing this antenna will not hinder the operation of your Sirius/XM/OnStar/GPS chip-set antennas that are integrated into your antenna base, however, it may be possible to notice a slight drop in reception in AM/FM especially when listening to stations that are located further away or stations that have weaker signals.

TheCaptain
07-26-11, 11:18 PM
Nice! That's what GM should have done from the factory! :D

packardv8
04-21-12, 06:09 PM
Hi, Bob,

When you get your new whizbang installed and you're sure it's what you want, I need your old antenna. PM me with whatever's fair. Seems some kid swiped mine. Had no idea they came off that easily.

jack vines

nickleman
04-22-12, 08:39 AM
New antenna from dealer $35.00. Just replaced mine. Car wash lost it.

Roy

stevec5375
04-23-12, 06:07 PM
First, allow me to direct you to this sticky post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/251329-how-google-search-only-forum.html

Second, this has been discussed previously and all I did to discover that was use the instructions above:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/237055-shark-fin-antenna-update-08-08-a.html

I agree that a shark fin should have been what Cadillac used in the first place.