: i want one now

jsmoov24
10-20-04, 08:31 AM
hey everyone, my buddy just bought a white diamond sts with the premuim luxury package and now i want one. i like the red line color with the beige interior but i have a couple of questions. with the premium luxury package you get the wood grain steering wheel, shift knob and door pillars and also the rear decklid trunk spoiler. i would want the standard luxury package but you don't get these options in that package and I don't care about the Bose 5.1 suround sound as I will upgrade my own stereo system and it's about $7-$8k cheaper. does the dealer offer these items as dealer installed options?? or can u special order one with just those 2 items along with the luxury package? or do you have to buy the premium luxury package just to have them? i'm guessing over the next couple of months aftermarket companies like vogue or e&g classics will be making a whole bunch of accessories including these 2 options. any feedback would be appreciated, i'm looking to buy one by the end of this year..

msheri01
10-22-04, 12:23 PM
I assume you are referring to the V6, since the wood is included on the V8. The wood package is available on the V6, with the premium upgrade, which includes XM. It is not a stand alone option. The spoiler is only available and included in the luxury performance and premium luxury performance pkgs. However, it is available aftermarket already, and looks the same as the factory spoiler.

golfkt
10-22-04, 07:50 PM
I just picked up my 1-SB last week and you cannot get the wood pkg with the wood on the steering wheel,shift knob and doors without ordering the top of the line V-6.*with DVD navigation and Bose 15 speaker*. I got the regular premium pkg. that included wood trim around the radio and center console.
That is what GM told my dealer in Dallas.

Blue Chip
10-24-04, 10:29 AM
Go for the extras. By the time you finish addding some of the things you want, you'll spend as much and you'll degrade the sound system. I hope your not a Bose-basher. I know this is fashionable. The Bose systems in Cadillacs provide sound reproduction tailored to the car. They're the best if you want accurate sound, rather than lots of noise and vibration from big woofers. The speakers are matched to one another for response and timbre. Replacing them to match these qualities is difficult at best. And what about the seatback speakers? They're too cool!

WalkerRed
10-24-04, 08:28 PM
I must agree. I brought the 1SE package and the system is awesome. I use to have a a huge aftermarket system in of my other cars, and while it sounds great, lots of bass and midrange...it can't compete with the sound quality of the 15 speaker Bose system. Those guys really know what their doing at Bose..not to mention DTS audio is where its at!

jsmoov24
10-25-04, 07:46 AM
I assume you are referring to the V6, since the wood is included on the V8. The wood package is available on the V6, with the premium upgrade, which includes XM. It is not a stand alone option. The spoiler is only available and included in the luxury performance and premium luxury performance pkgs. However, it is available aftermarket already, and looks the same as the factory spoiler.

oh ok, I am actually referring to the V8 model and I didn't realize that the wood was included. so by ordering a V8 Luxury it will include the wood steering wheel, shift knob and door pillars? I went to one local dealer and he said that you could get the extra wood later, I was assuming he was referring to the V8 model since that was the one I was asking him about. yep, on www.vogue-tyre.com they do have the rear deck spoiler available, I'm surprised that the dealer would not add-on as an accessory... has anyone seen aftermarket grilles yet??

msheri01
10-25-04, 11:41 AM
E & G is working on a wire mesh grille, should be available soon.