: Amy Winehouse

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 04:03 AM
They tried to make her go to rehab, but she said No No No... Look where that got her. Lol. :duh:

Jesda
07-24-11, 04:55 AM
She is a self-resolving problem.

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 05:02 AM
I like her music. She has the same jazzy-growl vibe as Adele. Shame such talent has gone to waste.

Jesda
07-24-11, 05:13 AM
Wasted? Sure, 24/7.

Talented? Meh. I mean, if we're using Rebecca Black as a standard, she was Mozart.

Jesda
07-24-11, 05:13 AM
If we're using Mozart as a standard, she was Rebecca Black.

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 05:26 AM
She was a good singer, just a classless piece of trash. That reminds me, have you seen the new Rebecca Black video? It is shit compared to good music, but way better than Friday. Lol

Stingroo
07-24-11, 07:50 AM
Oh god. Jesda has me ROFL'ing at 7:49 in the morning.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-11, 08:06 AM
Eh, good riddance. Hopefully it'll paint in a more vivid light the dangers of drug use.

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 08:17 AM
Kind of like Kurt Cobain... Druggie dumb shit who wasn't nearly as talented as he is made out to be.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-11, 08:19 AM
I'm gonna disagree with you on that one, Cobain was talented.... Winehouse not so much.

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 08:21 AM
Cobain was highly overrated. And I know a bunch of his family. Almost every one of them is a total douche. Cobain was just as talented as most of the big artists of the time, and he was made out to be some kind of creative genius. He was a dumbass druggie who got high and shot himself.

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 08:22 AM
Most of his family lives here in Ellensburg. The most hated person at Ellensburg HS and the biggest douchebag in the NW is his cousin. Lol

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 08:25 AM
I'm not saying she was fantastic or anything, but Winehouse did have a strong, decent quality contralto, and I like most of her stuff. I like Nirvana too, to an extent.

Stingroo
07-24-11, 08:36 AM
I hate Nirvana.

There, I said it.

brandondeleo
07-24-11, 08:40 AM
I like Nirvana for the first 5 minutes or so, then everything starts to sound the same and it goes downhill from there. Lol

hueterm
07-24-11, 09:24 AM
I hated grunge, and I was in college during grunge.

There -- I said it...

Stingroo
07-24-11, 09:39 AM
Primus sucks.

That's my thought on grunge. The rest can go to hell where it belongs.

vincentm
07-24-11, 10:54 AM
I hate Nirvana.

There, I said it.

Lane Stayley > Kurt Cobain

Jesda
07-24-11, 01:52 PM
I do agree, Cobain was overrated. He was very good for his time and the mood of youth back then, but he was elevated to legend status because he died.

While Nirvana had one or two really excellent albums, I can think of several other grunge-era bands I would rank above them.

gdwriter
07-24-11, 02:49 PM
I couldn't believe she was only 27. All those drugs made her look 20 years older, at least. She joins Cobain (1994), Jim Morrison (1971),Jimi Hendrix (1970) and Janis Joplin (1970) in the 27 Club.

I like the Glee version of Rehab better anyway.

orconn
07-24-11, 04:02 PM
It is sad when a person dies so young. I am not familiar with Amy Winehoiuse, other than the occasional tabloid blurb, but I can pause at her passing and hope she finds peace from the pain that so apparently accompanied her in life.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-11, 05:28 PM
Cobain was highly overrated. And I know a bunch of his family. Almost every one of them is a total douche.

I bet if Kurt never became famous, his family would be just normal people. Douchiness comes with fame.

gdwriter
07-24-11, 05:46 PM
orconn makes a good point. No matter how self-destructive Amy Winehouse was, it's still a shame that she could not get her demons under control.

T DOG
07-24-11, 05:51 PM
It's sucks she was an addict. She put out some good music.

Rolex
07-24-11, 05:55 PM
She definitely put out.

I gave two squirts about her or her music when she was alive. I give two squirts now. I hope she can RIP.

Destroyer
07-24-11, 09:38 PM
I don't understand why people that seemingly have it all need the most sympathy and often go down this way. It's hard to feel sorry for them but it is still tragic, especially for their loved ones.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-24-11, 09:43 PM
What was her drug of choice?

Stingroo
07-24-11, 09:53 PM
More like what WASN'T?!

77CDV
07-24-11, 10:05 PM
You know, I find that I don't much care.

Stingroo
07-24-11, 10:07 PM
You know, I find that I don't much care.

Indeed, sir!

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Monocle-man_545.gif

thestig8
07-24-11, 10:14 PM
Is it me, or does every famous singer die of some drug-induced death? Well, except for Michael Jackson (RIP).

Destroyer
07-24-11, 10:23 PM
I hated grunge, and I was in college during grunge.

There -- I said it...I hated grunge at first as it pretty much killed the 80's rock/metal scene I was so much into but I adapted and instead hating it I listened to it and grew to like it. Bands like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, NIN, Pearl Jam and so forth are amongst my favorites now.

Aron9000
07-25-11, 01:42 AM
^ I think grunge did metal a huge favor, it moved back underground and got rid of all the crap some people called "metal". I'm talking about shit like Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, Van Hagar, White Snake, etc.

As for Amy Winehouse, she did have a great voice. Not really my type of music though, so I won't comment on that. But I do feel like she was extremely arrogant and noncholant about her drug abuse. She knew she was a junkie and just did not give a ****.

brandondeleo
07-25-11, 03:19 AM
I couldn't believe she was only 27. All those drugs made her look 20 years older, at least. She joins Cobain (1994), Jim Morrison (1971),Jimi Hendrix (1970) and Janis Joplin (1970) in the 27 Club.

I like the Glee version of Rehab better anyway. Putting Joplin <3 and Hendrix in the same bracket as Cobain and Winehouse, regardless of why, pains me.

Destroyer
07-25-11, 09:43 AM
I'm talking about shit like Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, Van Hagar, White Snake, etc.Well, I kinda liked that stuff.........:)

The Tony Show
07-25-11, 11:13 AM
For every rich and famous celebrity that feels they need drugs to handle the "pain" of their life, there's a couple hundred thousand guys digging ditches or slogging through a 6 day/week office job to make ends meet in obscurity who manage to do so without snorting or shooting anything.

Cry me a river. :violin:

dkozloski
07-25-11, 01:16 PM
I wonder what percentage of entertainers manage to lead clean and sober lives? The only ones you hear about are degenerates.

chatsworth
07-25-11, 02:24 PM
Proly a lot more than what you would think...the "degenerates" stick in your mind

gary88
07-25-11, 03:08 PM
I find it incredibly hard to care at all about this at a time when there are more important things to worry about like the debt ceiling fiasco or the Oslo attacks.

The Tony Show
07-25-11, 03:39 PM
^ Howard Johnson is right.

Rolex
07-25-11, 06:32 PM
Is it me, or does every famous singer die of some drug-induced death? Well, except for Michael Jackson (RIP).

Sorry to bust your bubble but MJ died of a drug overdose too....albeit a prescription drug administered by a "doctor." The hypnotic drug propofol was never intended for at home use. Play stupid games with powerful anesthesia drugs = win stupid prizes.

Bro-Ham
07-27-11, 01:46 PM
I find it incredibly hard to care at all about this at a time when there are more important things to worry about like the debt ceiling fiasco or the Oslo attacks.

Everyone cares about different things, some don't care at all, some think that certain things are more worthy of caring about than other things, some think they care more than others - and then worry about it. I'm busy that day. :)

Amy Winehouse was a classic. Sure she was a mess, although her quirkiness was an indelible part of her, she nevertheless made some fantastic music to my ear. I can watch the video on youtube for her song "addiction" over and over and over and over again; it's a sight to see Amy sing this song at her favorite London venue with the classy band members playing actual real instruments, then the Peter Framptonesque solo in the middle of the song, and even more - those zany guys dancing and grooving and jiving to the music on the stage right next to Amy! I've never heard or seen anything like it! Some of her work is simply great and I enjoy it very much. The past four years haven't been pretty for her, and I hoped she would clean herself up and come back better than ever, but it didn't happen - and, as Frank Sinatra would sing, "that's life." :)

Stingroo
07-27-11, 02:06 PM
But if there's nothin' shakin' come July... I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball and die....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avU2aarQUiU&ob=av3n

Jesda
07-27-11, 07:12 PM
I heard her cover of Leslie Gore's "Its My Party" on the radio a couple days ago and wanted her to stop singing.

Oh wait, she did.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-27-11, 08:11 PM
I heard her cover of Leslie Gore's "Its My Party" on the radio a couple days ago and wanted her to stop singing.

Oh wait, she did.

"It's my party and I'll die if I wanna..."

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, Jesda. :)

77CDV
07-28-11, 12:23 AM

Oh wait, she did.

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, Jesda. :)

OK guys, I didn't care for her, I'm not terribly fussed about her death, and I'm guessing you're not, either, but that's just cold.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-28-11, 12:30 AM
I got the "it's my party and I'll die if I wanna" line from the 1995 motion picture version of Casper.

But yeah, to back up with what Gary said, between the debt ceiling fiasco, the slow American economy, the Olso shootings & bombings, and about 1,000,000 other things, I've got bigger things to worry/care about than Amy Winehouse's death.

Like Tony said, for all the troubled, drug addled celebrities out there, there are millions of Americans working dead end jobs, living paycheck to paycheck, fighting their own issues and coping without shooting up or snorting anything.

And lastly, like Dave said, some people care greatly about something, and some people couldn't care less about that exact same thing. I totally agree.

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 01:23 AM

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, Jesda. :)That's bad... lol

Jesda
07-28-11, 01:33 AM
OK guys, I didn't care for her, I'm not terribly fussed about her death, and I'm guessing you're not, either, but that's just cold.

You're right, and I can't disagree with you.

Here's my quaint philosophical opinion:
I have trouble mourning someone who lives a self-destructive, indulgent life and subsequently dies from it. After knowing good people who have died of or are suffering from cancer, struggling to live and savoring the very finite amount time they have left, I have difficulty empathizing with Winehouse. Her parents, yes, but her, no. [Nooo noooo no]

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 01:53 AM
[Nooo noooo no]Haha. Love that.

Anyway... there was a recent case where a 16 year old girl and two of her friends were driving in the hills outside of Ellensburg. They went off of a cliff and two of them died, including her, the driver. I went to school with her. MAJOR BITCH. The only people that liked her were also bitches. She terrorized and bullied one of my best friends, and let me tell you... The best possible thing you can do for a person's character is die. When the accident happened, the whole town started talking about how much they loved her. Most were lying.
Anyway, I don't feel bad for the bitch at all. They were driving drunk. Totally shitfaced. Speeding excessively on gravel roads in the hills. Drunk, I might add again. At 16. I could give a shit less about her. It's the family and the friends that truly make me feel bad. When My uncle died, even though I never met him, it killed me that it hurt my mother so much. That is the difficult part. The people left affected.

slk230mb
07-28-11, 08:47 AM
Haha. Love that.

Anyway... there was a recent case where a 16 year old girl and two of her friends were driving in the hills outside of Ellensburg. They went off of a cliff and two of them died, including her, the driver. I went to school with her. MAJOR BITCH. The only people that liked her were also bitches. She terrorized and bullied one of my best friends, and let me tell you... The best possible thing you can do for a person's character is die. When the accident happened, the whole town started talking about how much they loved her. Most were lying.
Anyway, I don't feel bad for the bitch at all. They were driving drunk. Totally shitfaced. Speeding excessively on gravel roads in the hills. Drunk, I might add again. At 16. I could give a shit less about her. It's the family and the friends that truly make me feel bad. When My uncle died, even though I never met him, it killed me that it hurt my mother so much. That is the difficult part. The people left affected.

It's easier to leave than to be left.

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 01:37 PM
It's easier to leave than to be left.Exactly.

Bro-Ham
07-28-11, 03:54 PM
Oh you guys! :) Lighten up, there may be people who disapprove of the way you handle your own lives. :) Maybe you don't care or even worry about it. Don't spend too much time thinking about it; we all die sooner or later.

Amy Winehouse was quite an entertainer and quite successful. She won I can't remember how many grammy awards, she made big $$$. She lived large, 27 years was probably enough and all she could handle considering all of her personal demons - she left a musical legacy that I won't forget, I suspect many others were similarly touched.

You can choose to worry or concern yourself with the seemingly unsolveable problems of shootings and politics and terrorism and joblessness and whatever you can fill in the blank with. Again, I'm very busy that day and I'll fill my own time with my pleasant memories of the pleasure Amy's music entertained me with and that will make me smile and I'll see you guys on the flip side, when we turn the record over or press the track button on our favorite Amy Winehouse album or 8-track. :)

Stingroo
07-28-11, 05:16 PM
8 track? They still make those? :suspect:

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 05:28 PM
when we turn the record over or press the track button on our favorite Amy Winehouse album or 8-track. :)Lol. Records, 8 tracks, what will they think of next? Laser disks? Haha

Stingroo
07-28-11, 05:32 PM
I heard they had these strange shiny records that you can put in this machine and CARRY IT WITH YOU.

These are crazy times.

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 05:42 PM
In all seriousness, I just picked up a 1992 Sony Discman D35 to accompany my Joseph Grado HP-2 studio monitors and Antique Sound Lab 3-tube HP amplifier. It may be archaic as hell, but it has better sound quality than the cheap shit today. :yup:

Rolex
07-28-11, 10:46 PM
Pic thread:

brandondeleo
07-28-11, 10:56 PM
Lol.

Rolex
07-28-11, 11:17 PM
Is it too soon for this?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-29-11, 12:05 AM
Pic thread:

Holy god! :barf:

She looks like Keith Richard's sister!

Stingroo
07-29-11, 12:07 AM
Sir, this is the Internet. It is NEVER too soon to joke about shit like that. :lol:

Aron9000
07-29-11, 12:58 AM
Holy god! :barf:

She looks like Keith Richard's sister!

Hey, stop insulting Kieth Richards, he was attractive in his younger days, something I can't say about Winehouse. His face didn't go to hell until sometime in his 40's. I think he's 29 in this picture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Keith-Richards_and_guitar.jpg/220px-Keith-Richards_and_guitar.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-11, 02:31 AM
Keep in mind that Keith nowadays is about 68 years old, possibly 70, and at 29 or whatever, Winehouse wasn't that far off in terms of looks... Not to mention the whole male v. female thing....

This is my favorite Keith Richards photo, and one of my all time favorite classic rock photos. This would have been about 1972, during the height of the "Exile On Main Street" tour and the height of his 13 year (68-81) heroin addiction.
http://normgregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/KRatSeaTac1.jpg

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 02:48 AM
I LOVE Joplin. We all know that is not a cigarette... Lol

Playdrv4me
07-30-11, 03:36 AM
Since this shitty thread is still going (and ROFLCOPTER @ the Charlie sheen pic)... here are some GOOD tunes for levity's sake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5msu-dap8&ob=av2e

What, you were expecting Dylan?

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 03:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5msu-dap8&ob=av2e

I will cut you. Lol.

brandondeleo
07-30-11, 03:39 AM
It's a wonder that Bob Dylan is still alive... I absolutely hate him.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-30-11, 08:10 AM
It's a wonder that Bob Dylan is still alive... I absolutely hate him.

I will cut you.

hueterm
07-30-11, 08:18 AM
Pic thread:

At least she didn't pull a "Britney"....she's wearin' pants and hidin' the snat*h...

Aron9000
07-30-11, 04:43 PM
At least she didn't pull a "Britney"....she's wearin' pants and hidin' the snat*h...

I'd imagine it would something like this:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Y0zc_nNIdGE/TYTzcDk7Q-I/AAAAAAAAATc/v96ep3sg6nY/Sarlacc.jpg

Stingroo
07-30-11, 04:59 PM
LOf*ckingL.

hueterm
07-30-11, 05:40 PM
OMG...what can of worms did I open? ;-)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-11, 12:27 AM

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Y0zc_nNIdGE/TYTzcDk7Q-I/AAAAAAAAATc/v96ep3sg6nY/Sarlacc.jpg

Is that from Star Wars?

Spyder
07-31-11, 12:36 AM
GOOD NEWS GUYS! Amy Winehouse has been SOBER for 8 days now!!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-11, 01:23 AM
That's a new personal record. :lol:

Rolex
07-31-11, 02:55 AM

Can't breathe! *Snort*

The-Dullahan
07-31-11, 03:02 AM
Hi! I am late to the party, but who exactly is Amy Winehouse? I mean, I have heard of her and she is apparently associated with drugs and whatnot, which is why when I heard she died (probably hours after it happened) I got on my job's PA system (We hold our conversations on PA systems all the time, because this place is big) and asked what she OD'ed on. I imagine she was a singer, as in my British Newspapers (Also what I get at work) she doesn't look like an actress.

brandondeleo
07-31-11, 05:02 AM
Amy Winehouse was a singer, in the styles of Soul, R&B, and Jazz. She was best known for her hit "Rehab". How Ironic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc&ob=av3n

The-Dullahan
07-31-11, 01:17 PM
......Ew......

hueterm
07-31-11, 08:59 PM
Amy's snat*h's avatar is the sarlaac from Return of the Jedi....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-31-11, 09:18 PM
I wonder where I can buy a sarlaac shaped "pocket *****"? That might be exciting.

77CDV
07-31-11, 10:04 PM
^That's really too much insight into the workings of your mind, Chad. :lol:

brandondeleo
08-01-11, 03:39 AM
:histeric:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
08-01-11, 07:19 AM
^That's really too much insight into the workings of your mind, Chad. :lol:

I was kidding, but you're only starting to see the extent of my dark sense of humor.

Rolex
08-02-11, 10:35 AM
Yeah I just can't let it go...