: Service Traction Control and Park Assist Messages along with Check Engine Light

generaldisarray
07-23-11, 04:45 PM
All three came on today for the second time since I've owned the vehicle. First time was just before I merged on interstate and engine governed out at about 55. I pulled over took off negative battery terminal and all lights and messages went away, and it ran fine all the way home. Today, I was cleaning interior, kids were in the vehicle, no doubt pushing buttons. Couple hours later got in to go downtown and same problem, traction control, park assist and check engine. Didn't check to see if the engine was governed like before. Got home, disconnected negative terminal, it eliminated the park assist and traction control messages, but check engine light is still on. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

LakeGuy
07-23-11, 09:56 PM
The Check Engine light would indicate that the onboard diagnostic system has generated a code which needs to be addressed. Dealer can check it with their scanner and use it as a starting point to diagnose.

fmfa0801
07-23-11, 09:59 PM
go to advance auto parts. They can read you engine codes for FREE with a OBDII reader

jandjdozer
07-24-11, 12:23 AM
I had the same problem with my 2007. It had to have the TCU reprogrammed there is a tsb if all of those lights come on.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-26-11, 11:13 AM
Generaldisarray,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you been into the dealership to confirm the issue?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

showtyme17
08-08-11, 10:28 AM
I had the same exact issue happened today. I has been happening periodically, but the dealership keeps telling me they can't do anything or diagnose it unless it's happening at that moment. By the time it gets to the dealer, of course it never happens. Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, what was the solution? Thanks.

torched10
08-08-11, 10:50 AM
i check my own codes and in my experience theres a history of codes tripped,unless they are cleared--and they stay on till theyre cleared.I dont think the dealer is correct.If you have OnStar active, they can tell you what the code means--they dont wnat to do that,but if you persist theyll tell you

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-09-11, 12:57 PM
showtyme17,

Have you had your technician ride with you to see if the issue would happen so they can diagnose it?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

generaldisarray
09-12-11, 04:06 PM
Problem popped up again this weekend. Same thing, check engine, service stabilitrak, service traction control. Engine topped out at about 40 mph. Was only a couple miles from my destination so I kept driving. Once I parked, I unhooked negative battery cable, and everything was fine. I might note, everytime this problem has come up, lights have popped up right after start up. Never came on while already driving.

Also, I have installed a K & N intake. Can't recall if the first time this happened was before or after the install, but I know the second and third were after the kit was installed. Read somewhere that someone had a small leak somewhere on a kit they installed and it was tripping codes. Also, is it true that the computer will monitor problems and throw a code after a while when a small problem persists? Like a small leak in the intake?

Any thoughts?

K9Caddy
09-12-11, 05:22 PM
Did you hook the air tube up properly? If you are facing the engine, its the rubber hose on the left side of the tube, going to the engine intake.

bstiffmanofsteel
09-13-11, 08:41 PM
I had the same thing happen prior to Labor day. I was sitting at a red light and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree! I assumed it was related to the accident I was in a few months back. I had the same thing happen twice immediately after being rear ended. Took it into the dealer this morning. Found out my power train warranty expires TODAY! Good thing I went in...I was throwing the following codes P0700, P1825. Internal mode switch was replaced and replaced manual shift shaft position, under warranty.

generaldisarray
09-14-11, 10:53 AM
K9Caddy,

I will recheck my install and make sure everything is good to go. If problem pops up again I will go to dealer and have them diagnose. Problem is it usually pops up when out of town or on a weekend.

Thanks for the tip.

showtyme17
09-15-11, 01:52 AM
I apologize Elizabeth, but I didn't receive any update notifying me that you had responded to the thread. No I haven't had them ride with me, but they did keep the truck over night was not able to reproduce. I took the truck in for my 120,000 mile service on the 9/10/11 and they did the tb cleaning..air filter..oil change and I experienced the same problem this morning 9/14/11. I did do what another user did and disconnected the battery cable and replaced it and it started right up. It was like I had to reboot a computer...not sure what's going on, but it's definitely irritating.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-15-11, 10:46 AM
Showtyme,
Can you please send me a private message with your complete contact information? (name, address, phone number-or two-, email address) along with your VIN number, mileage, and the dealership that you have been dealing with. I would like to look further into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

showtyme17
09-15-11, 12:45 PM
Breanne,
Thank you for responding. I would love to send you a private message with the info, but I don't see a way to do it on the site. Can you instruct me or send me an email address that I can use? Thanks.

bstiffmanofsteel
09-15-11, 07:06 PM
Breanne,
Thank you for responding. I would love to send you a private message with the info, but I don't see a way to do it on the site. Can you instruct me or send me an email address that I can use? Thanks.
I think you need to have 5 posts before you can PM. Make 2 posts then you should have the option

Chris Dunn
07-19-12, 04:25 PM
We have the same problem with our escalade. Took it to the dealer and they are saying it is the throttle body causing this. I don't buy it. We have nothing but electrical problems since we have had the escalade. Blown fuses, heated/air con seats not working.

We are not replacing the throttle body, will take it somewhere else and get a second opinion.

Rustico
07-19-12, 04:42 PM
I have the service traction control / stabilitrak lights come on every 200 miles with code p0011. I replaced the cam position sensor, cam magnet, oil changes every 500 for 3 times, new throttle body, new maf sensor, replaced kn filter with stock dry ac delco, 8 new ignition coils, 8 new spark plugs, wires, chevron techron 3 times but I still get the code. I am outside of warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-19-12, 09:13 PM
We have the same problem with our escalade. Took it to the dealer and they are saying it is the throttle body causing this. I don't buy it. We have nothing but electrical problems since we have had the escalade. Blown fuses, heated/air con seats not working.
We are not replacing the throttle body, will take it somewhere else and get a second opinion.

Chris Dunn, please let me know if you'd like any assistance locating alternative dealerships or following up with the first dealer. I'm available via email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

I have the service traction control / stabilitrak lights come on every 200 miles with code p0011. I replaced the cam position sensor, cam magnet, oil changes every 500 for 3 times, new throttle body, new maf sensor, replaced kn filter with stock dry ac delco, 8 new ignition coils, 8 new spark plugs, wires, chevron techron 3 times but I still get the code. I am outside of warranty.

Rustico, just drop me a line if you'd like me to explore dealership options for you. I understand if, because you're out of warranty, that's not an option you'd care to pursue, but I wanted to offer assistance, just in case!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service