: Xm gone on restart

allgm
07-23-11, 02:13 PM
Dealer replaced nav unit. Now the xm signal disconnects when restart . I have a new radio i.d number but don't think that is the problem nav unit was previously in a buick. Xm tech thinks xm antenna may not be connected he said everthing checks out on his end.. Going to dealer monday. Anyone have any thoughts on this problem

sube5186
07-24-11, 08:33 AM
Dealer replaced nav unit. Now the xm signal disconnects when restart . I have a new radio i.d number but don't think that is the problem nav unit was previously in a buick. Xm tech thinks xm antenna may not be connected he said everthing checks out on his end.. Going to dealer monday. Anyone have any thoughts on this problem

Why are they replacing your Nav unit with a used one that was previously in a Buick? :hmm: New car = New parts, not used ones.

Sube

allgm
07-24-11, 10:44 AM
That was my thought also. The parts dept said there was a core charge.they go back to the people who supply the nav for gm.
But if you read the fine print in your warranty it says gm can used reconditioned parts. Mine had the washington dc as home state problem. The xm people told me the radio i.d. Used to belong to a buick not the dealer.

sube5186
07-24-11, 02:53 PM
That was my thought also. The parts dept said there was a core charge.they go back to the people who supply the nav for gm.
But if you read the fine print in your warranty it says gm can used reconditioned parts. Mine had the washington dc as home state problem. The xm people told me the radio i.d. Used to belong to a buick not the dealer.

OK, so they had their chance to fix it with reconditioned parts. Now, I would insist on them using brand new parts. Some of these dealers will try to get away with whatever you let them. And then there are ones who give first rate service. It's strictly luck as to which type of dealer you happen to live near.

Sube

allgm
07-24-11, 03:23 PM
I will see how my appointment goes tomorrow. Then will insist for new unit. I did not buy srx from this dealer not sure how they feel about that. But have been treated well so far. Page 12 of warranty information book warranty repairs-component exchanges pretty much covers my situation thanks

allgm
07-25-11, 01:50 PM
Dealer tech had 3 way call with xm and gm tech . Two hrs later. Unfixable. I will get a new cadillac nav unit . To replace the one they put in las t week.

sube5186
07-26-11, 01:39 AM
Good to hear they decided to give you a new one. Keep us posted on the results.

Sube