: 2005 STS with the 1SC V6

WalkerRed
10-20-04, 03:02 AM
First off.. I'm new to the group and just wanted to say What's Up! to everyon here! Now on to the nitty gritty!

Just took ownership of my 05 Black Raven with Cashmere interior with all the bells and whistles. Got it out in Tysons Cornor. Must say it was a pleasurable experience..I recommend Moore Cadillac to all! The only issue I had was that it rained on me today when I took delivery..that really sucked!

On to the questions. Forgive me if I repeat anything from another forum, but I think I have searched and couldn't find the the answers to any of these for the STS anyways.

1. Going to get some tint..any known problems with GPS and the tint on these. There's no antenna on the back window like the Devilles. I'm hoping it won't have any issues.
2. Does the 1791 hack work on the nav/dvd unit in the new STS..not that I would actually use it but its good to know!
3. Any problems with anyone running 20's on their 05 STS. Any rubbing, or road shake after 55 mph? I'd hate to screw up that smooth ride.

Being that I only drove it home from the dealership, to hurry up and get it out the rain and into the garage..I can't tell you too much yet. As mentioned I have the V6 ( not really interested in the V8 speed), I'm a cruiser. I have the motorcycle for speed! The ride was very smooth, and the acceleration was very good as well for a V6. I couldn't even tell when it changed gears. The 1SC package(Wood, Wing, Nav/DVD, Bose 5.1 DTS, heated/cooled seats, etc...etc) has way to much stuff to play with though. I haven't had time to hit the garage and play with weverything yet. Tomorrow I'm going to take the whole day and set things up. The Bose 5.1 sounds amazing with the XM and radio, this thing has 15 speakers in it. I'm gonna try some cd's and a dvd and compare...it should only get better! Has bluetooth for your cell phone, now I have to hit Circuit City and upgrade the ole verizon phone! I'll get some pics as soon as the weather is right. Hopefully I'll have more good news after tomorrow's detailed inspection! For all those who want one...so far I say you gotta get the Premium Lux Package..its worth it.

fain
10-20-04, 03:23 AM
I Had the same question regarding the code for the dvd player in the 05 sts while driving. If you figure out what bottons to push let me know too, please. I know the code is 1791....but how and where do you enter it?

I'm worried about the rims too, don't want to f-up the ride.

Also, if you tried then you know or will find out soon, for some reason the dvd player will only play mp3s when they are burned on a CD-R disc. It will not play them when burned on a DVD-R disc....Congrats on the new car and will see you out there. Right now, I havent seen any other black sts (fully loaded). I got mine Sept 27th. But once they starting hitting the streets (which I hope wont happen) I wil probably have to distinguish mine with some 20s. .....see you out there.

WalkerRed
10-20-04, 11:45 PM
Sounds good Fain....I'll keep a look out for you!

I also hope somone can help us figure out to enter that 1791..I'll be working on it and let you know!

As for the 20's...I want to go to a few shops and see what they have to say about what will and what won't. I know a few guys in the area that would be honest with me and not sell me something to mess up the car.

Anyone have 20's on their STS yet? http://www.superbuytires.com has a lot of listings for it..but I dunno. Most sites don't have it listed at all yet as a available option. Heck..even my insurance company didn't have it in their system yet!

dunroven
10-21-04, 03:31 PM
I too am very interested in the code 1791 issue. While I would never watch a DVD while driving :helpless: I certainly would like that option for my favorite passenger!

-john

CaddyFan2004
10-21-04, 11:10 PM
The Bose 5.1 sounds amazing with the XM and radio, this thing has 15 speakers in it. I'm gonna try some cd's and a dvd and compare...it should only get better! .

Make sure you get a DVD Audio disc, many of them are labeled DTS, and they're not available everywhere. I know Best Buy has them, they're in a separate section, and they don't have a million of them. The audio is unbelieveable with the 5.1 in the STS and the right format disc. You pay a little more for the disc, but the sound is definitely worth it.

DVD video is great in the car too, the audio quality makes it better than in the house!! (in my house anyway....)

tdogg5184
10-22-04, 12:52 AM
I agree, get all your music in DVD Audio from now on out, I have a couple for my home setup and it is unbelivable. When I get the STS I will get all my music in DVD. Try it out its incredble!

WalkerRed
10-22-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Audio is the best. I have played them in the house on my Denon DVD player and the audio is truely amazing. Its basically sounds like a track for each instrument! You can here every instrument that is being played...it blew my sockes off the first time I heard the Ohio Player's "Sweet Sticky Thing" in DTS audio....whoa.

I haven't tried one in the STS yet, but you can bet tomorrow I will. It's a shame that you can't buy more artists in DTS. I guess its expensive to master in that format. There are a few good titles out there..the biggest selection I've seen is at Tower Records...check them out.

Ormond
10-22-04, 12:29 PM
:welcome: http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/65/65407/folders/147131/1046583SmileEnjoyment.gif
Use your new car in good health!

keithk
10-23-04, 10:04 PM
Can someone explian how to Enter the 1791 or 1971 Code ?

I would love to test it out

Thanks,
Keith