: Recaro's.... Last resort

jwall09
07-22-11, 09:43 PM
OK - so i have had my V for a few months now and absolutely love this car, love the mods, love the wheels, love it! The only part i have a very big issue with is the seats... I have recaros which are great looking and feel pretty good everywhere except the middle of my back. It isnt an adjustment issue, its a padding issue i think.. Along my spine, just level with the bottom of my shoulder blades. I have adjusted these seats virtually every time i drive it. I have sat in the garage playing with the settings too, but everytime i drive for 10-15m it makes that area of my back tender.

I am hoping someone else had similar issues and either a.) its a warranty issue or b.) you know some adjustment tricks to make this not hurt anymore.

I dont like to have the seat lean back really far, it is probably at a 100-110 degree angle and that is how i like it. Any suggestions before i trade this car towards a non recaro version?

smackdownCTSV
07-22-11, 09:59 PM
It takes some adjusting. It is 14 way adjustable after all, so you'll find an adjustment to your liking.

thatcoder
07-22-11, 10:10 PM
have u tried a pillow?

MSOsr
07-22-11, 10:12 PM
At 6'3" and 214 lbs., it is the most comfortable seat (after proper adjustment) I've ever sat in. With the Ebony/Saffron combination, it's also the best looking seat I've ever sat in.

Mike

translux
07-22-11, 11:23 PM
I'm with you, I'm ok until Im in them for an hour + then my back starts to hurt pretty bad. I'm a pretty big guy with really wide shoulders/back and waist ....

ItsJustMyCaddy
07-22-11, 11:39 PM
I drive my car 50 miles per day and I have lower back issues. The non-Recaro seats are the most comfortable seats that I have ever had. Everyone who has been a passenger in my car has commented how much they love them as well. To put it in perspective, my wife has the ESV Escalade, and if I drive it for more than 15 minutes, my back starts to hurt. This probably doesn't help the thread starter very much, but I think that most of the favorable PR that the Recaros get on this site are from the hardcore track guys and the rest are those who got them and are trying to convince themselves they were worth it. They offer great lateral support, but not much comfort in my opinion.

baabootoo
07-22-11, 11:45 PM
Maybe an extra Lumbar support?

translux
07-22-11, 11:45 PM
Best seats I ever experience were the comfort version seats in my last M5, drove a couple hundred miles a couple times and felt like a million bucks...
Wonder if we have any after market options for the V?

brlong23
07-23-11, 12:59 AM
What's you height and weight...that might have something to do with it? I'm 6'2" and 200lbs and have no problems with the contact points on my body. Like someone else said, they adjust 14 different ways so it could take some time to find the right spots for you.

litig8r187
07-23-11, 01:03 AM
I'm getting them dialed in. I'm 5-10 and 300+#. The first day I had her, I drove from Houston to New Orleans and then back to Houston 4 days later. I was surprised at how comfortable they are and they seem to get better the longer I'm in them. This is really surprising considering how wide my a** is. Normally, high bolstered seats drive me nuts but these are great. I say keep adjusting. If you can't get them right, look at trading out with someone with the standard seats. I'm sure you could find lots of takers.

vetkila
07-23-11, 11:27 AM
I have the regular seats. If you can't adjust the recaro's to your liking I would be willing to trade you my seats for yours. I have black interior and my seats are in impeccable condition. Let me know what you think.

thebigjimsho
07-26-11, 11:55 PM
I'm getting them dialed in. I'm 5-10 and 300+#. The first day I had her, I drove from Houston to New Orleans and then back to Houston 4 days later. I was surprised at how comfortable they are and they seem to get better the longer I'm in them. This is really surprising considering how wide my a** is. Normally, high bolstered seats drive me nuts but these are great. I say keep adjusting. If you can't get them right, look at trading out with someone with the standard seats. I'm sure you could find lots of takers.I am a little bit taller and a little bit lighter. I love my Recaros although I've never had back issues.

Picked up my V in San Antonio and drove straight back to Mass. After 3 hours my back was killing me. Opened everything up and slowly tailored it back in. Have been in bliss ever since...

js615
07-28-11, 10:04 AM
Its the passengers that have a harder time.

I hear about every time my wife gets in the car with me. In fact, she really does not like to take the V if we go anywhere as a family, she wants to take her SRX.