: The V2 @ the top gear test track; will it happen?

M5eater
07-22-11, 07:34 PM
So we get our spot with Captian slow behind the wheel during a special. Anyone here should be familiar with the episode, and even the part where they admit it's the fastest production sedan round the ring. Yet, a V2 has yet to touch the Top gear test track, even as some cars get multiple appearances, something that's bothered me for a while. The ZR1 made it's appearance during a R8 V10 comparison, and now that the F10 is around the corner, our last chance to see where it stands on the board lies ahead. Who here believes we'll see a comparison if any? Then, which sort do you think it might be?

I'm crossing my fingers, but considering the lack of popularity with the brand in Britian and europe in general, I have a feeling we'll get the shaft. Even if it does make an apperance, presumably we're talking about a down-play on the car in favor for the new-kid on the block from BMW and the usual butt kissing that takes place with all M cars (not that they don't deserve it a bit..)

discuss thoughts. keeping in mind the V1 had a mixed review, even against a plane-ole S4 and the ZR1 acutal review was also, mixed, although generally well recieved.

neuronbob
07-22-11, 08:27 PM
"Bong, bong, bong, bong..." The V1 review by Clarkson was epic and despite his attempt at humorous anti-Americanism, was screamingly funny.

Personally, I think we get the shaft. The audience is British, and they are simply not interested in Cadillac. The V's chance (and it did well) was in the America special you reference, and that's pretty much it. I'm willing to live with that.

M5eater
07-22-11, 09:00 PM
"Bong, bong, bong, bong..." The V1 review by Clarkson was epic and despite his attempt at humorous anti-Americanism, was screamingly funny.

Personally, I think we get the shaft. The audience is British, and they are simply not interested in Cadillac. The V's chance (and it did well) was in the America special you reference, and that's pretty much it. I'm willing to live with that.

I'm willing to as well, but I've got the itch to watch it best the E60 at least, and have a crack @ the F10's times.

translux
07-22-11, 11:31 PM
I think maybe the coupe or the wagon may have a shot. I do know that they were going to test a domestic Veyron killer that may or may not have been tuned by a local V builder but ran out of time...

baabootoo
07-22-11, 11:49 PM
Well, SPEED did have that comparison against the E63 AMG which was rather detailed.

translux
07-23-11, 12:29 AM
Well, SPEED did have that comparison against the E63 AMG which was rather detailed.

That is a great episode, love seeing a stunned Tanner Foust after getting powned by the V and Paul Tracy.

alq80
07-23-11, 03:47 AM
this is a very interesting topic and i would like to see a comparison time. They do that crap sometimes.

mannyz
07-23-11, 05:33 AM
The British may no care to see it on TV but they definitely LOVE the V in person. People always come up to me and ask me questions daily. Even had someone stop in traffic and get out just to look at the car while everyone was honking.

M5eater
07-23-11, 08:38 AM

Linky? I haven't seen this one.

smackdownCTSV
07-23-11, 11:22 AM
When did the V1 make it's debut on the show? I'll bet since the current V beats the BMW M5, they will wait until the new one comes out and then do a comparison. Or not at all. We always have US Top Gear.

translux
07-23-11, 11:36 AM
Linky? I haven't seen this one.

Try this one

http://www.streetfire.net/video/cadillac-ctsv-vs-mercedesbenz-e63-amg_2053159.htm#dsq-form-area

BeagleBrains
07-23-11, 05:46 PM
Consider Top Gear and their history. Their published/broadcast test of a new all-electric vehicle was pre-scripted (staged) to have to be pushed back to the garage, claiming premature exhaustion of the car's battery well short of the manufacturors claimed battery capacity. Top Gear is being sued for broadcasting false claims in fraudulent test results.
http://forums.motortrend.com/70/7665150/the-general-forum/top-gear-lies-fraud/index.html

I (http://forums.motortrend.com/70/7665150/the-general-forum/top-gear-lies-fraud/index.html) believe that Top Gear is not to be trusted.
http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/12/top-gear-dry-electric-car/

M5eater
07-23-11, 06:55 PM
let us know when you return to reality, otherwise, try not to stink up the thread please.

concorso
07-23-11, 09:40 PM
I still laugh a little when people say TG can't be trusted...as if TG has ever said they were a factual automotive review show. You want a great factual test review? Watch anything by Chris Harris of EVO Magazine.

I do remember Clarkson writing a piece for a British newspaper about choosing the 2nd Gen V for Stig's personal ride. TG suggesting the V for Stig's ride is as much of a compliment as theyll give.

I thought it would happen when they released the Wagon, compared it to the RS6 Avant and the E63 Estate. A 3 way SuperWagon comparo would have been fantastic autoTV... I dont know the lineup for the rest of this season, either...its always possible they will show a test review soon. I want to see Tiff 'Threadin a' Needel or Jason Potato drive it.

I voted for Slow. :)