: Passenger door handle broke....

Canuck714
07-22-11, 04:25 PM
The other day my 6 year old son gave the drivers side rear door handle a tug to open the door and the clip that holds the assembly to the door snapped...WTF.

Anyone else bust a handle? Is this common.

2007 with 50,000 miles

escaladeext1010
07-22-11, 04:44 PM
I have 2 broken on mine. drivers side and rear passenger side. The good thing is that they are covered under the warranty if you still have one. Getting them fixed next week. Unfortunately, this is a very common problem. My dealer said they see this all the time. There are also many threads on the forum about this.

jaron_cc
07-22-11, 05:02 PM
The other day my 6 year old son gave the drivers side rear door handle a tug to open the door and the clip that holds the assembly to the door snapped...WTF.

Anyone else bust a handle? Is this common.

2007 with 50,000 miles

Yup went to the car wash a few time when i first got mines back in April, and soon after i was hand washing it due too, two broken passanger side handles being snapped from behind... Very cheap design i must say on a vehicle of this calibur... My local dealer quoted me $280 for parts and labor :want:

MrHolland
07-22-11, 05:35 PM
There’s a simple fix. If GM would stop using inferior parts to build their top of the line car we wouldn’t have to deal with this. These seem to be nice replacement handles and if I have trouble out of my factory ones I will probably replace/have them replaced with these.
http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...=Front_Or_Rear

Canuck714
07-26-11, 07:59 PM
Is a cheap design... Well at least its only a $40. handle and 20 minutes to fix.