: New to the STS family

CTSMachine
07-22-11, 01:42 AM
hey guys im looking to buy a grey 2005 sts and it needs a front bumper,headlights,foglights and both fenders anyone know a place that has cheap prices for those?

also it has 130k mileage

thanks in advance

caddyfat2
07-22-11, 10:25 AM
http://www.schramauto.com

CTSMachine
07-23-11, 01:56 AM
thanks for the site also i was wondering if this car is worth it with that many miles on it im getting it for 2500

KRSTS
07-23-11, 01:03 PM
I would say if you can fix it for under $5K, go for it. Just make sure there are no major mechanical issues like engine, transmission or suspension.

z06bigbird
07-25-11, 03:03 AM
Most junk yards want to sell the entire front cap for perhaps $3,000 to $4,000. Generally, they will not split up the front end parts. Find a junk yard that has 2 or 3 front caps, and remind them that one day, one of their employees will damage one of those caps by hitting it with a fork lift. They just might drop the price down by $1,000.

Don't forget to budge for labor, multiple airbag sensors, bent engine cradle, cracked motor mounts, cracked alternator bracket, cracked a/c bracket, bent radiator support, damage to condensor and radiator, radiator hoses, heater hoses, hood hinges, new battery, plugs and wires, high quality paint ($500 discounted price for high quality painting materials), painting labor, freon and recharge, anti-freeze, oil and filter change, etc. You might also want to budget for $1,000 to $2,000 of (hidden) surprises.

After perhaps $5,000 to $10,000 of parts and repairs, you might end up with a really pretty car with 130,000 miles on it.

CTSMachine
07-28-11, 02:12 AM
thanks for the input guys and i just checked out the car and it runs and sounds like it has under 50k miles on it and the interior is flawless all it needs are the parts that are listed above i found everything but headlights gonna head to the junkyard tomorrow to see if i get lucky btw a friend of mine gave away headlights and foglights for free the day before i got the car :(