: GMPP warranty issue

cadeezy1
07-21-11, 10:18 PM
I have an extended GMPP Major Guard warranty on my 2007 Escalade. I am currently Active duty in the Army and
will be relocating to Guam. Although there is a GM dealer in Guam and Guam is a U.S. territory, I am told that the
GMPP warranty will not cover my vehicle in Guam. If I knew this would be the case I would not have purchased the
warranty. After doing some digging, I have been told that it is because the warranty company can not pay to a Guam
address. In this case I am more than willing to pay up front and have GMPP reimburse me to my Hawaii address
for any repair costs if this is an option, just as long as I can have my vehicle covered. After speaking with the GM dealer in Guam, they are more than willing to work with me in regards to the above scenario. Can anyone please provide me some insight on this or any possible alternatives?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-22-11, 10:58 AM
cadeezy1,

I spoke with GMPP and they said that you would not be able to get reimbursed if you had any warranty claims while you were in Guam. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service