: Just bought an 07 under bumper to bumper, what should I fix?

Jory5
07-21-11, 08:23 PM
I just bought a 2007 Escalade Luxury with 48700 miles with an in service date of 8/21/07. The dealer told me it is Cadillac Certified & it even says so on the contract plus I got only 2.9% financing on it but what is odd to me is that the Dealer did not replace cosmetic details before selling it to me. I also noticed today that the side walls of the tires have cracks all in them. The dealer also did not give me the 172 point inspection paper which I only heard about today.

I am going to have the black plastic pieces around the windows replaced, the front & back emblems that are faded, the wiper arms that faded & I did also hear the wind noise as well so I am going to have that fixed. Is there anything else I should do before my bumper to bumper runs out & has anyone heard of a Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned being in this kind of condition?

bstiffmanofsteel
07-22-11, 09:22 AM
That is a good start! Welcome to the forum

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-22-11, 10:31 AM
Jory5,

I can’t confirm for sure why the dealership wouldn’t have fixed those issues before they sold the vehicle. It is possible they did not because they wouldn’t be reimbursed for the warranty repairs. This is my own speculation and I can’t confirm if that is the reason why. I encourage you to speak with them to confirm why they would sell a vehicle with those types of damages. I also encourage you to tell them you want the paper that shows the 172 point inspection.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Jory5
07-22-11, 01:02 PM
Hi Elizabeth, I never knew there was a paper to provide regarding the 172 point inspection. I just called the dealer & they said they are "looking for it".......... I am a little worried here now. It said it was cadillac certified on their website & on the sales contract but how do I really know?

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-22-11, 03:57 PM
Jory5,

Here is a link that will show you what the 172 point inspection paper should look like. http://www.gmcertified.com/themes/default/pdf/CPO_172-PointInspectionChecklist051811.pdf
If you would provide me with your VIN, I can see if your vehicle is truly certified pre-owned.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

jaron_cc
07-22-11, 05:08 PM
How about them cheap behind door handles...

Jory5
07-22-11, 07:13 PM
Elizabeth: I emailed you my VIN#

jaron_cc: so far the door handles are all in working order. I have tried them all out several times, thanks for the pointer.

This is my first Cadillac & I love this vehicle!