: 6-speed Manual Fluid Change

JFJr
07-21-11, 03:25 PM
For those of you that are not tracking your cars, what are your thoughts about changing the manual transmission fluid? (The maintenance schedule only calls for the first interval at 50,000 miles after "severe service.") Are there any noticeable benefits if you do? My transmission shifts fine and I'm not going to do it unless there is a good reason. I'm having my clutch fluid changed tomorrow per the 2 yr. maintenance schedule interval.

Jud

kirbyCTSV
07-21-11, 05:25 PM
haha 50k...guess that is how they get out of covering it under the 4yr 50k premium maint plan.

JFJr
07-21-11, 08:27 PM
haha 50k...guess that is how they get out of covering it under the 4yr 50k premium maint plan.

Unfortunately, we 2009 owners didn't get that perk. I'm sure that my dealer will recommend replacing the transmission fluid, too. They're in the business of enhancing profits. Perhaps some have realized that "v" owners are more informed; we'll see.

M5eater
07-21-11, 08:32 PM
Standard intervules are really made for very light driving, honestly I would say most people between city/stop & go driving or having a lead foot even on the way to work fall under severe service. Being that you have a manual, after 50K the stock oil is going to be fairly done, I would expect you to experience a noticeable improvment in shift quality if you changed it on severe.