: Odometer/Tripometer

mjspiz
07-21-11, 02:47 PM
I bought a new 2010 Escalade several months ago. Whats odd is the tripometer reading is roughly 100 miles less that the odometer reading.
I have never reset the tripometer so I would think its mileage should match up with the odometers mileage. I wonder which reading is the correct one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-21-11, 04:52 PM
mjspiz,

It’s possible that your trip was reset by someone before you purchased the vehicle and that is why they don’t read the same. Your odometer would be the correct reading.
Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

mjspiz
08-01-11, 01:13 PM
Thank you, but the vehicle only had 8 miles on it when I purchased it.

smiley47
08-01-11, 05:30 PM
I'm surprised there were still any new 2010's around a few months ago. Could the trip odo have been reset possibly by accident when you were "playing around" with all the new features and buttons? Did you take it back to the dealer for any fixes soon after you purchased it? Maybe they reset it.

ATyson
08-01-11, 06:11 PM
This may be really far off base, but do you think it could possibly be the sum of all distance you have ever reversed your Escalade?!?

I know that seems random, but maybe it's because the truck doesn't account for the miles you have driven in reverse?!!?