: Low speed Clutch operation....stuck to floor

ryand
07-21-11, 03:46 PM
Hi all,

Want to talk over a problem that developed with my 05 v….I searched but am not finding much on low speed issues. Today for the first time in 95K miles my clutch went to the floor and never returned…had to pull it up with my foot. All low speeds, down shifting into a parking lot. Pumped the clutch and got it back and it did it again. It feels very soft now. Checked the fluid and its brown. I found a lot of info on high RPM issues but not much on low RPM. I baby this car and rarely do I hammer it. It must also be noted that it is record heat today….101 don’t know if that might have anything to do with it.

Any suggestions???

Crash-Override
07-21-11, 06:15 PM
I would do a fluid flush (not just replace the top part) and give it a test, if not that then you may be looking at master/slave issues. I am sure others will chime in with some ideas.

darkman
07-21-11, 07:02 PM
I agree that the first step is to flush and bleed the hydraulic system. If that does not work, and that is the original clutch it may be any one of a number of things such as failure of the master cylinder, slave or the pressure plate.

rand49er
07-21-11, 11:13 PM
As Crash and darkman have suggested, I'd bet that a clutch fluid flush and fluid replacement will make all the difference.

Being the cheapest possible solution makes it all the better, too.