: Oil dipstick needed - anyone know where to get one?

Cub Cadet
07-21-11, 02:36 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an oil dipstick (indicator dipstick) for the CTS-V? I need one and am having no luck locating one anywhere in the country. Thanks!!

GM-4-LIFE
07-21-11, 02:46 PM
You will need to order it from a GM dealer and have it expedited to you from GMSPO. They have overnight options so you can get it quicker. Of course you will have to pay the extra freight in. Most dealers will not stock that dipstick.

Domsz06
07-21-11, 02:53 PM
Is there a story behind the loss of this dipstick?

Cub Cadet
07-21-11, 03:09 PM
Nope - just got misplaced. I have a short one in there now so that it is sealed up. I don't need one right away, but do need one eventually. The dealers have said that they are on back order.

Domsz06
07-21-11, 03:56 PM
oh ok:) I was hoping you had some crazy story to tell us :)

but glad it's ok.

Cub Cadet
07-21-11, 03:59 PM
I guess it could be worse and not have an oil fill cap. I once worked with a guy that had an F250 with a 351 and he lost the oil fill cap at some point and just drove around without one, or stuffed a rag around it. Needless to say, that didn't last very long.

cbloveday
07-21-11, 11:11 PM
I think there is a TSB on that. LOL

zinner
07-21-11, 11:37 PM
I had a cobaltss/sc and the motor would rock so far forward on hard acceleration that it would press the dipstick and tube up against the radiator support. Well on the dyno it finally snapped in the middle of the tube and it leaked oil on the dyno roller. Anyhow there is a crazy story.

I got a replacement on gmpartsdirect.com. You could hit up the dealer, as well. Nope one is is gonna carry something odd like that.