: New STS Lockpick Pricing

tomm
07-20-11, 09:35 PM
Coastal has been on backorder on the STS Lockpicks for months and they finally said that it is being discontinued. In the next few months they might release a new model on their newer platform but it will only support 2008+ STS models.

For now we are offering the PAC Audio STS Lockpick (http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Cadillac-STS-2005-2008-Lockpick.html) which is completely plug and play for ALL 2008+ STS Models for $199.95.

If you have a 2005 to 2007 STS Lockpick we will be making custom units just for these vehicles but the price will be $100 more so they will be $299.95 (This is $50 more than our original modified lockpicks) - The new Coastal Gen 6 Lockpicks which we will use in this modification costs much more than the original STS Lockpicks used to cost. The harness that is also included with the Gen 6 will not fit the STS so a custom harness and connectors are also needed.

We thought about just discontinuing the 2005-2007 modified lockpick and we still have not ruled out that option. Right now its taking me close to 2-3 hours of my time manually doing each modification and I have around 3 left to do. If you have an old STS Lockpick and are selling or turning in your vehicle let me know because I will buy them back

tomm
07-27-11, 10:06 AM
We have been unable to source the needed components to continue producing the modified lockpicks so at this time we are not accepting any more back-orders and we are in the process of cancelling some orders. We only have the parts available for a few more units. If you have a 2008 STS or newer we have plenty of units available at $199.95

We are able to modify many units to work on the STS but I can not get harnesses for the STS anymore and all other units all have different connectors. To build my own harnesses would take more time than its worth and we only make a few bucks on these units so it would not be profitable anymore.

If anything changes I will let everyone know but at this point I think just about everyone on this forum that has wanted one already purchased one anyway.

nathanjax
07-27-11, 07:46 PM
I really want one :(

I just got my STS a few days ago and was getting ready to order it from you.

nathanjax
07-30-11, 08:15 AM
Is there a way to get the instructions from you and do it my self?

tomm
07-31-11, 02:01 PM
If I could get the parts I would still be making them. The tools alone required to make one would cost more than $1000 and you would have the same issue of not getting the parts needed. If I cant get the needed pieces and I have connections with the manufactures you will not be able to do it alone.

There is a reason why we were the exclusive source for the 2005-2007 Lockpick for the past 3 years. Keep checking with us every 1-2 weeks, If we are able to get the needed parts we will start another batch but for now we only have enough parts for 2 units and we have 2 units on back-order so we are cancelling any new order placed right now.

nathanjax
07-31-11, 02:40 PM
Keep checking with us every 1-2 weeks, If we are able to get the needed parts we will start another batch but for now we only have enough parts for 2 units and we have 2 units on back-order so we are cancelling any new order placed right now.

Is there a specific email or phone number I can contact you at every 1-2 weeks? I really want/need this.

Thanks,

Nathan

maobso
08-10-11, 09:53 PM
do you have a lock pic for a 2006 sts need one

tomm
08-11-11, 09:32 AM
No, We have nothing at this time. We keep trying to get parts and if we can get the parts needed we will start another batch.

maobso
08-11-11, 06:07 PM
can you put me on the list?

tomm
08-11-11, 10:29 PM
Might have some different parts that I can use to make modified STS Lockpicks on Monday or Tuesday. It will also take a few more days for testing after the first build. The price will be higher than the old STS Lockpicks since they will cost me around $73 more a piece to produce over the parts cost of the original Modified STS Lockpicks. The new price will be $299 for 2005-2007 STS Models.

nathanjax
08-12-11, 05:36 AM
Might have some different parts that I can use to make modified STS Lockpicks on Monday or Tuesday. It will also take a few more days for testing after the first build. The price will be higher than the old STS Lockpicks since they will cost me around $73 more a piece to produce over the parts cost of the original Modified STS Lockpicks. The new price will be $299 for 2005-2007 STS Models.

I can give you my credit card info right now to purchase one. I'm fine waiting a few weeks to get it. You can PM me, email me, call me, whatever... I'd just like to have one.

Thanks!

tomm
08-15-11, 10:10 PM
We have produced a revised 2005-2007 STS Lockpick and we have opened back-orders back up for a short period of time. The sample unit was completed this evening and tested in my 2005 and it worked perfect. I anticipate that i will be able to produce around 10 more units with the parts I now have available so we removed the back-order restriction on our site. If we cancelled your back-order you will need to replace your order and we will fill the orders in the order they are received. Since they will take more time to complete I will only do maybe 3-4 units a weekend (Need my family time with my 3 kids and wife also) so it could take 1-3 weeks for all 10 units to be produced so please be patient.

Also, The price will be $299.95 for the 2005-2007 and the regular price of $199.95 for the 2008-2001 units that do not need the modified unit. I am sorry but there will be no discounts on these units.

maobso
08-15-11, 10:25 PM
I want one where do I order need it

tomm
08-15-11, 10:32 PM
I want one where do I order need it

Info is in my Signature but here is the direct link.... STS Lockpick (http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Cadillac-STS-2005-2008-Lockpick.html)

tomm
08-29-11, 09:08 PM
Just an update - As many of you know we are located in NJ and we lost power over the weekend for 2 days and we were not able to build our scheduled lockpicks which we planed to do on Sunday. We will make up these units throughout the week to catch up so if your credit card was charged on Friday your unit will ship this week. Sorry for the delay but we will get caught back up by the end of the week.

EChas3
08-29-11, 09:13 PM
Tomm -

I hope all is well with you and yours...

tomm
08-31-11, 06:21 PM
Tomm -

I hope all is well with you and yours...

Thanks, We are ok and the home and business did well in the storm. We just had to deal with minor flooding, a few downed tree's and power outages. Many not too far from us are dealing with much worse and some still have over filled rivers in the streets as high as 5-10 ft.

nathanjax
08-31-11, 06:33 PM
Thanks, We are ok and the home and business did well in the storm. We just had to deal with minor flooding, a few downed tree's and power outages. Many not too far from us are dealing with much worse and some still have over filled rivers in the streets as high as 5-10 ft.

And throughout all this, my lockpick still got sent out Monday!!!

Tom FTW!!!

tomm
09-07-11, 03:55 PM
FYI.. We sent out another 3 STS Lockpicks yesterday so we are working through the backorders. Just a reminder that these do not have instructions in them but installation is very straight forward. There are just the two color matched connectors that connect directly to the nav and a pink GPS wire (Male & Female) which get connected inline with the current GPS wire. All DIP switches stay in the up position which is the way we send them.

If you have any questions refer to the Original STS Lockpick Thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/170225-official-sts-lockpick-thread.html).

Relate27
09-07-11, 04:23 PM
FYI.. We sent out another 3 STS Lockpicks yesterday so we are working through the backorders. Just a reminder that these do not have instructions in them but installation is very straight forward. There are just the two color matched connectors that connect directly to the nav and a pink GPS wire (Male & Female) which get connected inline with the current GPS wire. All DIP switches stay in the up position which is the way we send them.

If you have any questions refer to the Original STS Lockpick Thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/170225-official-sts-lockpick-thread.html).

Thanks Tomm, I ordered mine last week and I can't wait to get it !

joehint
09-14-11, 10:56 AM
I am interested in purchasing one for my 05 STS is there any still available?

tomm
09-15-11, 08:54 AM
I am interested in purchasing one for my 05 STS is there any still available?

Yes, We will be making 2-3 more units next week. All current back-orders will all be shipped by Monday.

tomm
09-22-11, 10:17 PM
Glad to say we are all caught up and all back-orders have all been shipped. if you have not received yours yet it should be on its way. I had bought some extra supplies so I will probably make 2-3 more units for stock over the next week or so while I still have my STS to test them in it. If anyone has any issues let me know.