: 90,000 miles and it's time to get to work.

Baja11
07-20-11, 08:01 PM
Everyone, I have an 07 and I have a list of things that need to be done. I would really like some opinions on this stuff. I have a creaking noise coming from the left front that I assume is the strut. Does anyone know of anything that might be better than OEM? I was also told by the dealer I was due for some kind of superservice that is usually done around 90,000. I can only imagine beside using lube on my backside, would this be injectors, spark plugs and maybe a filter or two? Any help with this stuff would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows of better prices for parts than gmpartsdirect.com, please let me know.

TexFinn
07-21-11, 12:12 AM
Check your Owner's Manual. The service items should be listed there.

Mine has 93K now and during the next oil change (in about 3K miles) my plan is the do the following: plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, tranny/transfer case/rear fuilds and possibly also O2 sensors. That should pretty much cover the most important stuff.

Big Windy Ext
07-21-11, 08:55 AM
I would be hesitant to do a "Super service" stick to the owner's manual . I would find a local garage and request that only oem filters/parts be used and premium fluids . Unless your dealer has reasonable service specials . My dealer talked me into changing the brake fluid,they broke a couple of bleeder screws which got me new calipers (under warranty) .

Baja11
07-21-11, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the advise. I really don't have a lot of faith in dealers so I'll be doing the work that I can right here at home.