: Anyone given the Hyundai "Equus" a good test drive yet?

orconn
07-20-11, 04:59 PM
In the past we have heard auto rag appraisals of the "Equus" quoted and a few first hand showroom appraisals, but I don't think we have heard a firsthand driving appraisal by one of our members. It would be intersting to hear what an uninterested party has to say about this new contender in the "luxury" marketplace!

Playdrv4me
07-21-11, 01:48 AM
I think this task is right up Sal's alley!

77CDV
07-21-11, 02:25 AM
"Mr. Rawson. Mr. Chad Rawson. Please report to the nearest Hyundai dealer for review detail."

Stingroo
07-21-11, 08:09 AM
You mean Mr. Gulati.

It would somehow turn into a cross-country trip to review an Equus for sale in Alaska, with plenty of food pics.

Jesda
07-21-11, 05:57 PM
Sal will be the first to buy one but he'll keep it a secret for a year. :)

Heck he probably owns one right now.

Stingroo
07-21-11, 07:19 PM
I'll drive by his house next week and let you know.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-21-11, 11:55 PM
"Mr. Rawson. Mr. Chad Rawson. Please report to the nearest Hyundai dealer for review detail."

I stopped into the local Hyundai dealer a few months back to grab a Equus catalog, and they invited me back for a debut test drive. I'm interested, but I don't want to waste their time because there's no way I could ever afford that now. I think they just told me that to be polite. Maybe I'll just go in there some time and follow up with them. :lol:

orconn
07-22-11, 01:10 AM
I stopped into the local Hyundai dealer a few months back to grab a Equus catalog, and they invited me back for a debut test drive. I'm interested, but I don't want to waste their time because there's no way I could ever afford that now. I think they just told me that to be polite. Maybe I'll just go in there some time and follow up with them. :lol:

The more people they can get to drive and talk about an Equus the better.

orconn
07-18-14, 05:20 PM
I don't think we have had a member report on driving an Equus. Would be interested in hearing if anyone has driven one and what they think the car.

Submariner409
07-18-14, 06:37 PM
I have not, and probably will not, test drive a Hyundai Horse............ but one of my daughters owns a mid-line 2012 Sonata, which I have driven. I was favorably impressed. Quite a lot of bang for the buck........ she drives the thing a skrillion miles a year and to date, after 2.3 years and 71,000 miles it's cost her zilch in maintenance other than regular tires, oil, brakes.

Cadillac could learn a thing or two. A neighbor (14 miles from here) has an ATS econobox and it's a warranty nightmare at 7,800 miles. GM should jack up the rear view mirror and run a new car under it.