: C-Quartz'd the V a couple weeks ago...

Wannago
07-20-11, 03:30 PM
So after almost a week of part-time detailing, a couple weeks ago I finally got around to C-Quartzing my V. I first gave it a quick spray at the local car wash, then brought it home and hand washed it with Dawn dishwashing soap. I then clay barred it. After that, I hit it with Menzerna Intensive polish using a Porter Cable 7424XP, then wiped it down with an alcohol / water mix. I also pulled off my wheels and cleaned the insides of the rims so that I could apply a layer of CQ to them as well as my calipers (in hopes it would make the brake dust easier to clean). Finally, I cleaned my exhaust tips, both inside and out, and applied a couple layers of CQ to them as well.

So far, I have nothing but great thigns to say about this stuff. The car seems to have a beautiful depth to the finish now and it shines like a mofo! Water beads and sheets off like crazy. The insides of the wheels don't simply rinse off like I hoped they would, but I think they might need another layer or 2 of CQ, as the insides of the rims are (obviously) not as smooth of a surface as the paint.

The exhaust tips are staying nice and clean, and it seems like any carbon / soot on the insides of the tips is much easier to wash away...depending how long it is left on, you do still have to rub at it sometimes, but it comes back nice and clean.

I would definitely recommend this product. Obviously I can't speak to the durability of the CQ, but from what I've read, it is supposed to last for a couple years, and even longer if you regularly use their Reload detailing spray (which I need to order). I always wondered how those guys with their black cars got them to appear so shiny - like they were wet. Now I know.

I know this thread is worthless w/o pics, but honestly, a picture won't do the product any justice. The car is in at the dealer right now, but once I get it back, I'll see if I can get a decent picture.

haterinc
07-20-11, 03:49 PM
never heard of the stuff before and oddly google didn't turn up much. where did you get it? the one forum search site that did pull up had some pics after and the paint looked pretty amazing. this is added to my list

Wannago
07-20-11, 03:58 PM
Here's a link to some related Youtube vids:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=c-quartz&aq=f

I stumbled across it while reading some detailing forums.

Being Canadian, I bought it from eshine.ca:

http://www.eshine.ca/cquartz_paint_protection_30ml-3500.php?cat=71

I also applied it to my center console to try to help prevent scratches. It seems to be doing ok at that, but that damn black plastic is so soft....

EVIL_C5
07-20-11, 05:09 PM
I have wanted to try it or opti coat, but want to wait for fall when its cooler.