: Specter Werkes wing and relocated V badges last weekend

haterinc
07-20-11, 01:20 PM
I have never been a fan of the little brake light wing on the back of the Vs. If it were larger like the coupe I'd probably be satisfied, but the sedan seems lacking something in the rear IMO. So, I ordered one from Specter Werkes and wasn't disappointed. They did a great job following the lines going down the top of the truck and also paying attention to detail integrating the rear brake light into it. It is surprisingly a very complex piece. I had the wing painted by FAST Eddie in Cincinnati and he always gives me a great deal due to the fact that I bring him a new toy every year that I want "stuff" done to. Overall, I'm very happy with the wing on the car. It makes the car look longer in person and the back looks much more aggressive. I'll have to post a pic of it from the rear soon.

I did the badge relocation myself. Thank GOD I had some 3M adhesive remover around the garage because that two sided tape on those badges is a real b!tch to get off. It was 90+ deg out and I had a heat gun on them and the stuff was basically laughing at me. That adhesive remover took that stuff off in a second. Then I cleaned the old and new spots, clay barred them, used a fine polish in both spots, cleaned with a wipe and on they went. I like the new location better I must say. It never bothered me before but the more I looked at it, the less I liked the OEM location.

The car desperately needs rims now and Tony (Nineball) just called me saying they're done! I'm pumped and the manufacturer really came through in the last minute to complete by their anticipated date. I thought they were going to be delayed a week or so due to the the titanium powder coat not wanting to adhere to the custom paint trim I wanted on the wheels. It should go well with my scheme as long as what I'm picturing is reality. I can't wait to see the pics...

Ross L
07-20-11, 01:40 PM
I'm really liking the looks of that car, spolier looks good! It's going to really take some special wheels to improve on that.

cruiser68
07-20-11, 02:34 PM
Looks good. I just put the same on my Raven Black 2011. You are right, good detail on the lines as it matches really well. Installation was easy too once I got over drilling holes in a new vehicle. Just remember to use a self-etching primer. Great product the Specter Works spoiler IMO.

haterinc
07-20-11, 02:39 PM
I'm really liking the looks of that car, spolier looks good! It's going to really take some special wheels to improve on that.

I'm guessing these will be special enough lol

Domsz06
07-20-11, 02:59 PM
like the badge relocation and I going to do it as well, the spoiler, well IDK... need to see it from the rear. But hey if you like it who cares what anyone else thinks!

:thumbsup:

LV_V
07-20-11, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing these will be special enough lol

Alright alright... enough of a tease. Lets get some better pics and some details!

haterinc
07-20-11, 05:40 PM
Rims will be here by Monday I'm guessing and tires will be here then too. Hawk ceramics pads will gon on at same time but although calipers won't be repainted yet and ss lines on... I might most some pics up. It's been a WIP but aside from the full motor build aesthetically I've been most excited for these wheels.

Nine Ball
07-20-11, 07:17 PM
I can't wait to see the wheels on your V also!

Tony

Specter Werkes Sports
07-21-11, 12:34 PM
Looks good! Put up more pics when you have the wheels on.

cbloveday
07-21-11, 01:18 PM
Nice work Hater