: Interesting find........

98eldo32v
07-20-11, 05:34 AM
Check this out. For those that are in need.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-NorthStar-Head-Gasket-Repair-Sure-Grip-Studs-/160553194684?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2561b754bc

mmidyette
07-20-11, 08:54 PM
One of those photos looked familiar...From Speedygman's thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/224608-my-northstar-head-stud-installation-picture.html)

Speedygman
07-20-11, 11:53 PM
One of those photos looked familiar...From Speedygman's thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/224608-my-northstar-head-stud-installation-picture.html)

Yes it is the picture I took in my garage of my stud job. He is using the picture without asking me about it. No big deal. Anything to help keep these Northstars going.

ponyboyt
07-23-11, 04:42 AM
is he legit? Not sure who that is but i hear rumors from Jake about his studs (as seen posted here)....

Speedygman
07-23-11, 05:00 AM
He is going to be using Jake's studs through Jake's dealer program. As to being legit I have no knowledge of his business.

ddavis1211
07-23-11, 05:10 PM
Hey Guys, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Dale, I am here in North east Ohio. I do know Jake from Northstar performance and will be using his studs, I am also a part of Jake's INNRS member directory. I have asked Jake about quoting some from his site. Also,Speedgman, as far as the picture of the studs being used, I did send you a couple emails asking if I could use that picture, I received no reply but if you like i will remove it from my listing, I just thought that was a great way to show how the studs are used. As far as being Legit, I do have a licensed auto repair business here in Ohio called Davis Auto Repair, It is owned by me and ran with me and my son. I repair around 3 to 4 cadillacs a week here.

ddavis1211
07-23-11, 05:39 PM
I am not affiliated with Jakes business at Northstar Performance, I just feel he has a superior product when it comes to repairing these cadillace and I look forward to a long and healthy Business relationship with me buying the studs from him.

97EldoCoupe
07-23-11, 05:44 PM
Davis, from this point forward please do not use photos from forum members without the prior concent of the forum member- we know your intentions are good but it is at the discretion of SpeedyGman that his photo be used. It is a very nice photo, I will admit.

As discussed, I will be able to supply your shop with all of the studs you will require for your repairs. Details to be listed soon about the latest on stud production under my "message to all stud kit customers" link.

I welcome you aboard- and customer satisfaction is very important so let's fix these Cadillacs correctly, efficiently, and with extreme care throughout the process. I am sure Dale that you have had, and will have even more, many great customer reviews. This forum will also help you gain business so it would be a good idea to become a supporting member and help support these forums. Sal (LordCadillac) has devoted his life to these forums and it is only fair that we support who, essentially, helps us-

Thank you for your business Dale and welcome aboard.

-Jake

ddavis1211
07-23-11, 06:23 PM
Thanks Jake. You are the man and after years of doing these cars with time serts I will never use one again. Thanks for working with me. I have read nothing but good things about you. You have changed the way I and others repair these cars. I would like to become a supporting member if someone can direct me to how that is done. I found this forum while researching about your studs. and I would like to become a part of this community. I apologize speedgman for using you photo to advertise the ways these studs are used, I did remove the listing with the photo right away, I will take some pics of my repair. If I can offer any help or advice to anyone out there feel free to ask. Again, Thanks for all your help Jake

Speedygman
07-23-11, 08:05 PM
Dale,
Like I said in a earlier post you are welcome to use the photo NO Big deal with me. I just like to see the Northstar's get fixed correctly. Anything I can do to be of help with your ebay stuff or what ever just holler. I never received and email from you that I recall. My email grady98@bellsouth.net
Good luck in your business. O I forgot welcome to the forum and look forward to you posting some of your repairs.
Grady

Submariner409
07-23-11, 08:45 PM
I would like to become a supporting member if someone can direct me to how that is done.

Go up to the "Upgrade" tab in the light blue bar ^^^.

jcresciSTS
07-24-11, 03:18 AM
Dang, I wish I knew of a shop that did this in Bay Area....should I ever need to have it done though

ddavis1211
07-26-11, 05:49 PM
Thanks Grady

Dale,
Like I said in a earlier post you are welcome to use the photo NO Big deal with me. I just like to see the Northstar's get fixed correctly. Anything I can do to be of help with your ebay stuff or what ever just holler. I never received and email from you that I recall. My email grady98@bellsouth.net
Good luck in your business. O I forgot welcome to the forum and look forward to you posting some of your repairs.
Grady

johnny kannapo
07-26-11, 09:36 PM
I am a picture thief. I use them to educate mostly myself but share without regard or guilt, if they are private-they shouldn't be public.
I'm not mis-representing them or trying to make a nickel.

I do find it troubling to see a highly custom " 1 off " project motor totally removed from reality of the advertisment.
An engine meticulously created in a photo that gives the impression that " this is an example the work"
It ain't right.

Submariner409
07-27-11, 08:26 AM
Yeah, that ^^^

.............some advertising uses very clever lures to set the hook. People are paid good bucks to lighten your wallet.