: You might think I am crazy!

wizo
07-19-11, 09:55 PM
Well I bought my first Cadillac last year in June - a 2007 Quick Silver over cashmere/burlnut interior Escalasde. This truck had 38K miles and was certified preowned. I drove it for a year and finally had 70K miles on the truck - never had an issue but I always wanted a black one instead. Dimmitt Cadillac in Tampa where I bought the car from is an incredible dealership - John Dobbins who sold me the car let me know that a black one - 2007 was on the lot and he would make me a good deal.
Well on Saturday I traded the quick silver one for the black one - same year, different color interior but with no certification and less miles ( I purchased the GMPP 2 year 50K warranty to be safe). THe only difference is the wind noise is twice as loud but it seems a little bit tighter ( I will take it in maybe later and hopefully they can dull the noise a little).

My whole point to this confession is that in one year of having this truck I wanted to keep mine or trade it for another one. I have had all types of different cars: Porsche 911s, Range Rover Sports, Audi's and Mercedes. I have had 11 cars since I got my license 15 years ago. I just really think for value and functionality this truck is awesome - not to mention I drove 15 hours one a way and did not even have a single issue with the last truck. I hope that this new one will be the same and a work horse the last truck has proven its self to be - But for the Status and also the reliability its unmatched!!

If you have thought about buying this truck or wanted to know if its worth the extra cash - IT IS!...

TexFinn
07-19-11, 11:24 PM
Unless there was money paid out to me, that deal is definitely not something that I would've made. :hmm: But what ever floats your boat...

Merc
07-19-11, 11:32 PM
How much was the extended warranty?

hcvone
07-20-11, 09:38 AM
Well I bought my first Cadillac last year in June - a 2007 Quick Silver over cashmere/burlnut interior Escalasde. This truck had 38K miles and was certified preowned. I drove it for a year and finally had 70K miles on the truck - never had an issue but I always wanted a black one instead. Dimmitt Cadillac in Tampa where I bought the car from is an incredible dealership - John Dobbins who sold me the car let me know that a black one - 2007 was on the lot and he would make me a good deal.
Well on Saturday I traded the quick silver one for the black one - same year, different color interior but with no certification and less miles ( I purchased the GMPP 2 year 50K warranty to be safe). THe only difference is the wind noise is twice as loud but it seems a little bit tighter ( I will take it in maybe later and hopefully they can dull the noise a little).

My whole point to this confession is that in one year of having this truck I wanted to keep mine or trade it for another one. I have had all types of different cars: Porsche 911s, Range Rover Sports, Audi's and Mercedes. I have had 11 cars since I got my license 15 years ago. I just really think for value and functionality this truck is awesome - not to mention I drove 15 hours one a way and did not even have a single issue with the last truck. I hope that this new one will be the same and a work horse the last truck has proven its self to be - But for the Status and also the reliability its unmatched!!

If you have thought about buying this truck or wanted to know if its worth the extra cash - IT IS!...

You are the only one that has to be happy, and if you are then it was worth it for you. :) Welcome to the Forum :)

bstiffmanofsteel
07-20-11, 12:00 PM
I wanted a black one as well. Sounds good to me, welcome!

Mha
07-20-11, 02:04 PM
My ext is silver withblack leather and I also wanted blackwith the tan leather but I still love her. If agood deal came up on a black one, yea id dump her :)

evois
07-20-11, 06:50 PM
black is beautiful-escalade that is!

hcvone
07-21-11, 07:54 AM
Black looks great clean, it takes 10 times the cleaning and care of a white or silver color to keep looking good, nothing looks worse than a black car or truck that is not taking care of. :)

2007caddy
08-06-11, 04:17 PM
Use Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer after and in between washes it brings out the shine

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product/4616

d_v_o_1
08-06-11, 05:21 PM
Black is the ONLY way to roll. To me it seems more elegant! Good pick up, and welcome.

surburban99
08-08-11, 08:34 AM
What did you like in the Escalade vs. the Range Rover Sport? The RRS has caught my eye.